Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Mk2 Kuga fuel consumption / Miles Per Gallon MPG

315K views 2K replies 346 participants last post by  Ross J 
#1 ·
Given this thread for the Mk1 Kuga:
http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/kuga-fuel-consumption-miles-per-gallon_topic4647.html

has proved to be both a popular depository for feedback and also a source of angst for others I thought it best to start a similar thread for owners of the new Mk2 Kuga.

The thinking being it would be good to compare the two models BUT I also tend to think that some of the info as to whether someone is a Mk1 or Mk2 owner may get lost if it's all in the one thread so any MPG comparisons may not be a true like for like reflection, so here goes.

In closing I would add the same caveat from the Mk1 thread:

Gazwats said:
Clearly this is an emotive subject but if people can not be civil to each each then no matter who the posters are the topic will be locked (again) and the posters banned.

Have a whinge by all means, praise it by all means, but keep it civil and respect the views of everyone else regardless of whether you agree with them or not.
EDIT 1 : To avoid any confusion when posting in this particular thread please can you bear in mind this is the MK2 Kuga MPG thread and NOT the MK1 Kuga MPG thread!

I've already moved one or two posts out of this thread into the MK1 thread.

EDIT 2: At the request of other KOC members if you are quoting your ownexperiences/figures/feedback please could you ensure you mention your:
1) engine size (including PS size)
2) whether it's FWD or AWD
3) whether it's a manual or powershift gearbox
4) whether it's a diesel or petrol engine.

Thanks.

Edited by: Gazwats

See less See more
#12 ·
I'll be on my way to Germany in the second week of April, so lots of miles extra urban, but car loaded. We'll see what it gives!

#13 ·
Just done a round trip of 120 mls, motorway and urban mix, its showing 40mpg, it will probably get a little better as its only done 400 mls so far.

2013 Kuga Zetec AWD 140, Silver, roof rails, glass, 17'' alloys

#17 ·
I am getting 32 MPG urban out of my 2.0. tdci (163) Titanium X at the moment with 150 miles on the clock. I hope it gets better when it gets a few more miles on the clock.

#23 ·
xvtonka said:
My Titanium-X 163BHP has now done just short of 14,000 miles and I'm still struggling to break 35mpg.

Well peed off................

I think it's wrong that the brochure figures for combined & extra urban are so far off the mark (22mpg on extra urban)
Eh? 14k already clocked up on a Mk2? Or did you miss the large red bolded highlight in the opening post and meant to post in the Mk1 thread?

Edited by: Gazwats