Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the front indicator bulb failed on my mk2 titanium . after working out how to get it out of the cluster in the front skirt ( Ford say non servicable item which means at least half a day at local dealer and £150 worse off) I decided to remove the front wheel , remove the trim around wheel arch and pull back arch liner keeping it back with string tied to the susp leg . only to find the washer reservoir is in the way and you can just about get one arm in the area to reach to get to the bulb holder , 2 arms in if you are skinny like me !! I decided not to try to remove the connector as i could not get to it anyway. ( arms , wrists red and scratched oh you will need a light to see inside the skirt and housing area which will also restrict your hands when trying to do the job.
pulled the bulb out which is a toshiba orange bulb with 2 metal prongs either side . went to Ford dealer and after lots of teeth sucking " we dont stock bulbs we can get it 2 days later " went to local car parts shop who sold me what i thought was the correct one totally identical. went to push it in the holder but no way it appears its slightly thicker at the bayonet end !

went to local motor works parts supplier and they had one which just about fit in the holder. MY ADVICE IS ORDER AT LEAST 2 NOW FROM FORD TO SAVE YOU HAVING TO WAIT 2 DAYS !!!

well done ford for designing a vehicle that is a real ball ache to just change a bulb . cant wait for the next small item that needs replacing !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm trying to replace the parking light that is slightly further "in" the cluster - never in my life have I had such a hassle. Did all the preparation re wheel liner etc (will now need to purchase a few new clips as a couple refused to come out so I destroyed them getting them out). I can't see what I am doing when I can just squeeze my arm in far enough to feel the light fitting - I don't know if it's a push fit, clipped fit or screw fit and frankly an at the point where I'll break something if I'm not careful!
I have found a couple of non UK videos of replacement but I can see that they use screws/bolts to attach the liner so I have no confidence the physical fitting of the lamp/lampholder in the UK us the same as the ones I've seen online, anyone that's managed to do this job feel free to let me know how the lamp is held in please!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts