Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

We've just upgraded from a Rav4 to a 2008 Kuga and we couldn't be happier. however the biggest downside we can see so far is the climate control buttons are worn. I priced up a replacement on ebay and the cheapest was £120!!! however the ones from a mk2 look very similar but black and they are much cheaper. does anyone know if the mk2 fits the mk1? or is that a dumb question haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe my answer is a bit late, but maybe for other Kuga owners this might be helpfull. The climate control unit of a mk2 (the black ones) is different in the electronical part. However, you can change out the housing. So in short, take apart both units and change the circuit board with the displays out. You can also use the climate control unit from a Ford Focus. They are the same as the one in the Kuga.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi @GuustFlater ; do you know which mk1 model climate control unit will fit a titanium as a replacement with the NX head unit? I’ve seen two models the 612CK & 612CH.

I’ve made the mistake of buying this mk2 climate control which does not work albeit screen comes on for a few seconds and causes the blower to cycle programs autonomously. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mazkuga,

You need to find a unit that has the words AUTO in the left big dial, and MONO in the right big dial. That is the easiest way to identify them from the front.

I've added two pictures to show what I mean.

Either a black or a silver unit will do. Also, make sure the connectors at the back of the control unit are fitted properly! at first I had the same problem, but one connector wasn't fitted properly.

I see you are doing the same conversion I did, you also need another inner audio frame to fit all well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks @GuustFlater ; that was really helpful. I’ve ordered one.

Do you have a thread on here if your install?

Lastly, what inner audio frame would you recommend for the head unit?

I’m going to order this:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I repla

I’m going to order this:

I haven't started a thread for my conversion
I replaced my headunit for an Android unit, that has the same measurements as the 6000cd headunits that Ford uses in several vehicel types.
For your headunit, you need the frame you posted to fit a 2 din audio unit like the sony you have, in to the dash of a ford type 6000 audio system. Also you need the audio inner frame as I mentioned earlier. This holds both the audio unit and the climate control unit.

E-bay link

You also need a fascia with the holes for the heated seats dials.

Both frames (inner and fascia) can be used from a Kuga or a C-Max. They share the same dashboard.
I hope my contribution was helpful.

·
Registered
2009 Ford Kuga Mk1 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 136 2WD
16 Posts
Edit YouTube of the issue.

Car Radio Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

I’m going to order this:

Hey man,

Thought I'd give you an update of my current situation,
Vehicle Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle Media player
Car Radio Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

That is my full unit in the dash and the unit I have to go in on its place. My next move is gonna be to get a ford elm adaptor thing as Ive seen some people say that you need to tell the computer that it's no longer an all.in one unit and to se rthem both separately, one is hi nav and one is low nav. If that doesn't work then I will get a new climate module as this one must be faulty is it doesn't work after that. I'll post a YouTube link in a few mins of exactly what this climate unit does when I hook it up.

Such a kerfuffle, but we will get there!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just saw your youtube clip, but you have to take out your headunit fully to make sure that both connectors are fitted the right way in your climate control unit. This must be a suitable unit I see in your photo's. There is no need to update or change the computer with a Ford ELM Adaptor. The unit will be accepted when it is in good working order and again, be sure that BOTH connectors are seated properly!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Edit YouTube of the issue.

View attachment 6363
Hey man,

Thought I'd give you an update of my current situation, View attachment 6362 View attachment 6363
That is my full unit in the dash and the unit I have to go in on its place. My next move is gonna be to get a ford elm adaptor thing as Ive seen some people say that you need to tell the computer that it's no longer an all.in one unit and to se rthem both separately, one is hi nav and one is low nav. If that doesn't work then I will get a new climate module as this one must be faulty is it doesn't work after that. I'll post a YouTube link in a few mins of exactly what this climate unit does when I hook it up.

Such a kerfuffle, but we will get there!!!
Hi mate, did you manage to sort yours?? Got to
Be honest. I gave up for a while but attempting to look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I havent had a bash at it yet, but on the YouTube comments for that video there is a reply from someone who has.

He said he had the same issue and was able to get it working with forscan and an ODB dongle. Solution was to change from high variable to low variable as the car is still looking for an all in one unit. He used forscan with the free trial however so I haven't started that until I get a dongle I can connect to the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi mate, did you manage to sort yours?? Got to
Be honest. I gave up for a while but attempting to look at it tomorrow.

Hey just replied but didn't quote so just making sure you get the notification.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi mate, managed to finally get my unit in the centre console using all the bits I’d bought. Not the best job but at least it’s not hanging out like it has for the past 3 months

Still though, the climate control unit does not work but at least with it plugged in it’s not constantly blowing cold air.

Did you manage to Sort yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts