Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm really taken with a 2016 TDCi 180 Titanium Sport that I've seen but I'm struggling to find a buyers guide (both through searching and google). Are there any common issues i should be aware of or any potential money pits?

I'm also looking for thoughts on the performance of the headlights at night in the rain, how do they perform? My current Volvo S40 is terrible and one of the reasons it's going....

Thank you for any replies!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have phrased my question better. Those guides are all very generic, I was hoping that a dedicated owners club forum might have a document with more specific niggles to watch for. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, are you able to comment on the headlight performance? Sometimes it feels like my current cars lights aren't even on and I'm hoping the Kuga is better.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Depends on the headlights you get.

The standard halogens aren't great but are easily upgraded to Nightbreakers or similar.

The Bi-xenons are simply excellent.

Ensure it has a FULL service history and, if going for an auto ensure that the gearbox fluid was changed at three years.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Check there isn't any water in the boot well and the spare wheel is present with Jack. Personally I wouldn't buy an automatic on a 2016 model after reading keithmacs posts on here.

Check also the dipstick isn't broken. I seem to be the only Kuga owner who has suffered a broken dipstick although seems quite common on Peugeot engines with the plastic dipstick.

Lights not brilliant on Kuga fitted with standard headlights.

·
Registered
895 Posts

The standard halogens aren't great but are easily upgraded to Nightbreakers or similar.

Ensure it has a FULL service history and, if going for an auto ensure that the gearbox fluid was changed at three years.
I shall be part exchanging mine next month and it has all the above
It will be put up for sale on the forum as someone could get a cheap kuga

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've heard nothing but complaints from fellow Kuga owners who bought the Business trim, which comes equipped with halogens. Almost all of them installed Philips or Osrams or PIAs within a few months. On the other hand, the bi-xenons are really good, both in performance and in features (auto leveling, beam assist, dynamic beam pattern etc).

·
Registered
68 Posts

I’d like to upgrade my headlights, they’re rubbish really. Is it an easy task? For some reason I was under the impression it was a lengthy procedure?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I know you have problems and I hope everthing is ok now
but I know of 2 mondeos that are taxis that didn't fail until 300,000 miles
As I am Buying a CRV Hybrid i have been watching the US CRV forum
to just get some information and dispite sales of over 1,000.000 CRV it is probaly only a 100 or so with major concerns
I have seen your comments on a other forum and how to repair the gearbox which is very good
I am sure others will read and find it useful
Nothing seems to last anymore
I have takenout the extended warranty I hope I don't need it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts