Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

MK1 Fwd Diff or driveshaft issues

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  smartguy69 
#1 ·
HI all,

New to the group and hoping you could be off assistance, i currently run a 2012 Mk1 2.0tdi fwd kuga and it has developed a noise from the front end when you are between 20-80mph, which gets worse when you turn left and dissapears when you turn right. I have checked the wheel bearings and they are fine wandering if anyone is aware of a fault that may occur with the front diff or drive shaft or anything i can check out myself.

thanks in advance any help is appreciated

#2 ·
I have replaced wheel bearings in the past where there is sign of noise but no play in the bearing. Usually a sign it is a wheel bearing when you turn the steering and it disappears. Could possibly be a CV joint but normally these don't give any trouble unless a boot has split and it's let water and dirt in there.

#4 ·
Try this as a test. I couldn't remember how to check so will thank Google.

You can test this by gently swaying your car while driving slowly. If the noise lessens when you sway right, then the damaged bearing is likely on a left wheel bearing. If it lessens when you sway left, a right wheel bearing is likely broken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.