Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds very complicated, may I ask, did you pay for the upgrade, as my new moped horn Titanium is dismissed by Ford
Hi kuga 1.5 150,
No I did not pay for it, I went back to the dealer the next day and got the sales person to come out to the car and beep the horn, I said wtf is that, on a nearly £40.000 car on a ST line X.
There was other problems with the car when I picked it up, so I gave them the part number and they got the horn in and fitted it.

I agree Ford are rubbish, this was the dealership that done the job and I take it came out of the dealerships side.
Remember you paid the dealership for your car, so your contract is with the dealership not Ford and don't let the dealership say, Ford said no, kick up S*** with the dealership. If they want your money next time they will bend a bit.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
275 Posts
1 hour 2 skinned knuckles later chopped a piece off the bracket that came with fiesta mk7 horns mounted lower horn and bracket on horn mounting stud to original black horn bracket .....
Machine Machine tool Metal Art
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car Engine
Rim Auto part Wheel Tire Automotive wheel system
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car Engine
Rim Auto part Wheel Tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2018 st line platinum white, panther black wheels
28 Posts
Has to be London. And what was the rule when all us old uns learnt to drive....when does a pedestrian have right of way.......

ALWAYS.

Frustrating for the cyclist I know but can you imagine if us car drivers started to do that to cyclists when they come out of the cycle own into the car lane.
"I HATE CYCLISTS" THEY THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD, ESPECIALLY THE ONES WITH HELMET CAMS

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 2.0d Auto AWD, Solar Silver, Tech Pack, Driver Assistance Pack
17 Posts
It's a little different because this is the first car I have leased ....so I suppose not really their customer I leased through a broker ....I cant tell you what state the car was delivered in so much so I refused delivery......shipping wax still on paint, muddy footprints on inner plastics scratch to roof plastics glue residue from shipping stickers that were on exterior, dirty interior a poor attempt at valeting .... I like detailing cars have done for years and appalled how they thought this was presentable to a customer as a new vehicle .....delivered second time ....sorted scratch but apart from wiping off mud ...not much better .... took me a day to decontaminate paintwork polish then protect .... now at their mercy waiting for the battery recall not a great experience as a first time leaser ...
I have experienced similar things.
My car is a lease car from the company I work for.
Stick residue ant both sides of spoiler. Yellowish resin spots all over car that only thinners would dissolve.
It came from a PDI centre not a dealer. Its been away for a week for them to sort out along with a small dent in the door to deal with.
It does take that new car edge off it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ju,

I turned in my 17 plate Kuga Titanium X AWD which had dual horns for the a new 2020 Kuga Ecoblue ST X AWD in lucid red, I picked up the car on the 1st Sept and last week was the first time I used the horn and as I looked at the wife, I said wtf was that, beep beep road runner, pathetic :mad:.
I contacted the Ford dealer and said, I know Ford started cutting back when they stop putting trim badges on the boot, but now there cutting back on parts too. So its booked in to have the other horn fitted foc. As you say its close to a 40k car, if you got a good dealer they should look after you. Talking to a mate in the dealership, it looks like all the new Kuga's have a single horn except the Vignale which has the dual horn as standard.
Hope this might help,
Mark
Hiya Mark
I think M3 Kuga's Vignale's twin horns are fitted on the lhs two mounted on a bracket as opposed to the single one on ours, the earlier Kuga's were mounted on both sides, some brackets still present, but no loom there on MK3s as far as I can see, my daughters same model Fiesta Titanium has two tone horns on a single bracket, I'm gonna see the helpful parts gent at Speke Peoples and see if I can order an upgrade from Ford, last time I asked it was a factory order only, no parts at Daventry parts distribution a really good car apart from this disgraceful penny pinching moped horn
Good Luck
John

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hiya Mark
I think M3 Kuga's Vignale's twin horns are fitted on the lhs two mounted on a bracket as opposed to the single one on ours, the earlier Kuga's were mounted on both sides, some brackets still present, but no loom there on MK3s as far as I can see, my daughters same model Fiesta Titanium has two tone horns on a single bracket, I'm gonna see the helpful parts gent at Speke Peoples and see if I can order an upgrade from Ford, last time I asked it was a factory order only, no parts at Daventry parts distribution a really good car apart from this disgraceful penny pinching moped horn
Good Luck
John
i was told a horn bought from halfords does the job , wires are there as well

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi kuga 1.5 150,
No I did not pay for it, I went back to the dealer the next day and got the sales person to come out to the car and beep the horn, I said wtf is that, on a nearly £40.000 car on a ST line X.
There was other problems with the car when I picked it up, so I gave them the part number and they got the horn in and fitted it.

I agree Ford are rubbish, this was the dealership that done the job and I take it came out of the dealerships side.
Remember you paid the dealership for your car, so your contract is with the dealership not Ford and don't let the dealership say, Ford said no, kick up S*** with the dealership. If they want your money next time they will bend a bit.
Do you have the part number of the additional horn you fitted

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does anyone know which are the part numbers on the vignale horns i want to get the missing one but they parts guy either wants a vignale reg or a part number TIA

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
Discussed to death, do a search and look further up the thread there is a picture of the horn with the part number on it.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
and its not a Vignale horn it's just the Vignale gets 2 of them

·
Registered
379 Posts
wasn't sure which part number i wanted as i believe one is low tone and one is high

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just stick FIAMM AM80s in, £20 on Amazon and will require adaption, or, grab a set of two tone on eBay, from an old Ford for about £10, these will be plug and play, but will require manipulation for spacing/positioning etc…

As mentioned, all the answers are in /the other thread/ 👍

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have just purchased "the missing" horn for my ST Line X - I git the missing one based on what a Vignale has- so Know how the same two components that come as standard in a Vignale as the STLX is missing the low tone.
Its a Genuine Ford part and comes with a bracket that i would imagine fits directly onto any Kuga where it would on the Vignale and as such there should be the other plug in that location somewhere

I am hoping a Vignale owner can tell me where the second horn is fitted - i can see that the original is fitted under the bonnet.

Failing that I would need to make some kind of double adaptor cable single socket to double plug to run both horns from the original power source as i dont really want to be cutting into the wiring is it possible to purchase such a harness?

any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Wheel
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire
Rectangle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Material property

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have just purchased "the missing" horn for my ST Line X - I git the missing one based on what a Vignale has- so Know how the same two components that come as standard in a Vignale as the STLX is missing the low tone.
Its a Genuine Ford part and comes with a bracket that i would imagine fits directly onto any Kuga where it would on the Vignale and as such there should be the other plug in that location somewhere

I am hoping a Vignale owner can tell me where the second horn is fitted - i can see that the original is fitted under the bonnet.

Failing that I would need to make some kind of double adaptor cable single socket to double plug to run both horns from the original power source as i dont really want to be cutting into the wiring is it possible to purchase such a harness?

any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

View attachment 11991 View attachment 11992 View attachment 11993
It’s on the opposite side of the grill. Where the stock one is.

Almost certain you won’t have the wiring though (I stand to be corrected). Which will just mean knocking up your own harness to extend from the factory fit, which will then mean time and effort that you could have saved by buying a used FIAMM set from an older Ford 🫣

New one says Low Pitch, how did you establish the installed one was the High Pitch? The benefits of dual horn is the HiLo. If your current one is Low, then you’ll just end up with a louder horn… although I guess that’s the plan behind dual horn anyway. (That and making it less girly sounding 😂)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I worked. out it was the low tone one I required after a visit to the part department and comparing vignale part numbers - the standard horn on the St Line is one of the horns the vignale has fitted just trying to source the plugs to make the lead

I was hoping that although the horn was missing they might have used a generic wiring loom

41 - 60 of 60 Posts