Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Well I'm another victim of the PHEV saga, and await with interest as to whether if / when it will get resolved...which I'm sure it will.

Anyway that aside, has anyone noticed how sad the horn sounds on what is a 40k motor ( ST line X red / first edition /spare wheel / winter pack / 20" wheel upgrade.) My old Mondeo Titanium x sport and the missus' KA+ horns are more superior....both 2 tone. Had a quick shifty under the kuga bonnet and it is just a single toot toot horn. Has anyone else thought the same and / or looked at upgrading / improving. Ta ju

·
Super Moderator
2,811 Posts
Quite a few threads (forum search will reveal them) on upgrading the pathetic horn. Part numbers and process are included.

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,427 Posts

Get one of these 😁

Ross

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,635 Posts

Get one of these 😁

Ross
Has to be London. And what was the rule when all us old uns learnt to drive....when does a pedestrian have right of way.......

ALWAYS.

Frustrating for the cyclist I know but can you imagine if us car drivers started to do that to cyclists when they come out of the cycle own into the car lane.

Reactions: Ross J

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all. Well I'm another victim of the PHEV saga, and await with interest as to whether if / when it will get resolved...which I'm sure it will.

Anyway that aside, has anyone noticed how sad the horn sounds on what is a 40k motor ( ST line X red / first edition /spare wheel / winter pack / 20" wheel upgrade.) My old Mondeo Titanium x sport and the missus' KA+ horns are more superior....both 2 tone. Had a quick shifty under the kuga bonnet and it is just a single toot toot horn. Has anyone else thought the same and / or looked at upgrading / improving. Ta ju
Hi Ju,

I turned in my 17 plate Kuga Titanium X AWD which had dual horns for the a new 2020 Kuga Ecoblue ST X AWD in lucid red, I picked up the car on the 1st Sept and last week was the first time I used the horn and as I looked at the wife, I said wtf was that, beep beep road runner, pathetic :mad:.
I contacted the Ford dealer and said, I know Ford started cutting back when they stop putting trim badges on the boot, but now there cutting back on parts too. So its booked in to have the other horn fitted foc. As you say its close to a 40k car, if you got a good dealer they should look after you. Talking to a mate in the dealership, it looks like all the new Kuga's have a single horn except the Vignale which has the dual horn as standard.
Hope this might help,
Mark

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most people dream of a good dealer...most on here don't want to talk to customers mine include
I understand what your saying Jizzer, but if they want your money, they have to look after you or you don't go back.
Being in the motor trade for over 20 years, it not always the dealership, its Ford UK, they are a **** company to deal with. The dealership has to have the show rooms in the way Ford want it, if they want the franchise, if a item comes of a car as a warranty, it gets sent back to Ford and they verifies its faulty before the dealership gets paid, but I think there is ways around it.
Plus haggle with your sales person, if you don't get any joy go over there heads or to the top bod.
I have been with the same dealership for over 15 years and I have always had Fords, if I wasn't happy I would not go back.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
275 Posts
It's a little different because this is the first car I have leased ....so I suppose not really their customer I leased through a broker ....I cant tell you what state the car was delivered in so much so I refused delivery......shipping wax still on paint, muddy footprints on inner plastics scratch to roof plastics glue residue from shipping stickers that were on exterior, dirty interior a poor attempt at valeting .... I like detailing cars have done for years and appalled how they thought this was presentable to a customer as a new vehicle .....delivered second time ....sorted scratch but apart from wiping off mud ...not much better .... took me a day to decontaminate paintwork polish then protect .... now at their mercy waiting for the battery recall not a great experience as a first time leaser ...

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
80 Posts
It's a little different because this is the first car I have leased ....so I suppose not really their customer I leased through a broker ....I cant tell you what state the car was delivered in so much so I refused delivery......shipping wax still on paint, muddy footprints on inner plastics scratch to roof plastics glue residue from shipping stickers that were on exterior, dirty interior a poor attempt at valeting .... I like detailing cars have done for years and appalled how they thought this was presentable to a customer as a new vehicle .....delivered second time ....sorted scratch but apart from wiping off mud ...not much better .... took me a day to decontaminate paintwork polish then protect .... now at their mercy waiting for the battery recall not a great experience as a first time leaser ...
Exactly the same experience for me, car turned up filthy. Ford gave it a half hearted clean, didn’t remove the drips, left the sticker marks and there were cobwebs in the grill!! I spoke to the leasing company and they told me to have it cleaned professionally and send them bill.

Now I can’t speak to anyone about the recall as the leasing company say speak to Ford and Ford say they won’t speak to me as I’m not the registered keeper...I’m a 2/3 weeks away from going down the complaints route with the leasing firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes tried phoning the lease company only open 8.30 to 12.30 and cant get through ....so putting a complaint together with all the issues I have had .....

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
NigelB, was it you who had a particular vehicle with a loud Horn(s). Or you had a picture. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

My 2016 has twin horns thank goodness, a single must sound like a scooter (maybe)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Everyone. Well amazing how a topic about "horns" and "hooters" can go off at a tangent .... LOL. Anyways thanks for all the feedback -sounds like we all think the same about the little Toot Toot - but interesting about the Vignale though. I had already done a bit of research and noted that the the Mk7 Fiesta has a 2 tone ( Genuine Ford Fiesta MK7 Dual Note Electric Car Horn 1815233 ) so I had already a set that actually arrived today. Good thing is both horns are already pre-wired together and connect to the Kuga with the existing connector ( and sounds much better ). The small hiccup is trying to physically mount them - I've had an hour or so trying to devise a simple way / bracket in the area where the old horn ( and electrical connector ) is located, and believe me - what looks simple and straight forward - aint. Given up for tonight by fortunately I work in industry where I've access to almost fixings / bracket manufacturing / metal etc so going to give it a go next week when more time. Be handy though if anyone has any piccies of the Vignale horn assembly to see how it's shaped. Ta Ju

·
Registered
275 Posts
There was talk that the second horn was mounted on the opposite side with a taped up connector in the loom ....but pictures would be good

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep I read that - but I've had a blumming good look and there doesn't appear to be any wiring loom near to where it would mount, and the looms there are, don't appear to have any connectors floating about, but I'll have another good look next week , but that said, my new horns only need the 1 connection anyway.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts