Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously since joining the forum i have tried to look at as many topics as possible and when i got to the 'Technical' section my heart started to sink and my sinking heart goes out to poor old greeny who now,looking at her last post on 28th Feb, practically hates her car because of all the problems she has encountered.

I have a new Kuga on order and know i'm gonna have to lump it regardless. I am very excited about my new purchase and very much looking forward to getting my hands on it, however i do have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

It's obvious that there are problems occuring with the Kuga and it doesn't help when dealerships tend to fob you off,all they want you to do is drive off their forecourt and not come back,don't forget as customers we are nothing but an inconvenience to them. Ford have never been known for their customer relations and the thing that is worrying me more than ever is if i do get some of these problems i'm slightly trapped because where i live i'm straddled by what can be described as the two worst Ford dealers in the country (i'm sure some of you would disagree!!
) and know i'll have a fight on my hands if/when i have to go to get something fixed.

I bought my car online and is coming from a showroom many miles away so thankfully have not had to deal with anyone in person, literally,as since the month has passed since i've ordered the car i've had no phone call or anything,just some paperwork to sign to confirm my order even though i was told when booking that the dearlership would phone and speak to me (they even mention a phone call in the confirmation i signed but have still heard nothing) i've not phoned them as want to see how long it is before they actually acknowledge me as a customer...it's been a month so far.

I'm sorry for waffling as i needed to get this off my chest and am glad the forum is here so that we can all air our views/thoughts on anything Kuga related.

Graham

Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
102 Posts
If its any consolation Graham, I've had my Kuga since October and had no problems at all mechanically. Its a great car and I keep getting people admiring. I've not posted for a while because everything is running smoothly. Sure yours will be fine

·
Registered
108 Posts
BigG, I tend to have a positive attitude towards life in general and in reading these forums I'm hearing a lot comments from happy customers. Don't forget that you are more likely to read about peoples' issues with their cars than from those people (like myself) who are still enjoying a car that meets their expectations. The fact that we do hear those positive stories hereis quite unusual!

We all know that buying a car is the second largest purchase most people make and the experience issometimes not an enjoyable once, largely due to the type ofdealers you have mentioned. My dealer (Allen Ford in Swindon) was very nice, I felt looked after and valued and they did what they could to help me. I do suspect that it was entirely luck that the first guy I met was just back in from a week's holiday and fresh back at his desk. We sat down, talked about what I wanted, enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and then arrange a test drive for my wife and me. When we arrived for the test drive, we were given the keys and asked nicely if we could bring the car back in about half an hour. In that time, we were encouraged to put our child seats in, make sure our buggy etc fitted in the boot and any other practical requirement was checked.

I could easily have got Mr Grumpyon my first visit and I may have had an entirely different experience. I walked out of the first dealer I visited (Hartwell Ford in Oxford) as the first guy I met there got my back up straight away, but that's another story.

Now I'm rambling and my point is this: Be positive and look forward to your new car. Remain excited, and don't worry about things that may never happen because worrying about them will not change the outcome. There are problems with every car model; the Kuga is no different. Remember, it's not every car though!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Agree totally with ilove, apart from a few sillies, nothing has happened that would put me off the Kuga. I still love it to bits and would not hesitate to recommend one. My issues are so small and my personal dealings with my local dealer have been very positive so I am a very happy customer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the comments.

I'm very positive even though it does not appear so. Think i got a bit of a reality check but thank god for having a forum where members can get things off their chests and get some feedback and solutionsfrom other like minded folk.

Look i'm still smiling

·
Registered
108 Posts
No worries mate. I see you're in Oxfordshire too. If it south, I'll take you out for a spin in mine. That will *definitely* put a smile on your face :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ha very good. Well if you're ever passing through Wallingford then let me know and of course when i get mine we can compare notes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts