Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im in the process of hard wiring my dash cam, however im perplexed ( i wanted to use expletives but didnt ) due to the fact i am unable to remove the mini fuse ( F85 ). I bought a mini blade fuse removal tool from Halfords but i cannot for the life of me get it to do the job. I really dont want to use needle nose pliers in case i damage the fuse as i need to re use it again.Can anyone offer a different method for removal or possibly a different removal tool as if im honest i think the halfords one is naff. Any help greatly appreciated, cheers Martin

2017 kuga tit 2.0 150bhp

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I used long nosed pliers, the fuses are tight just get a good grip in middle of fuse and pull, it'll come out

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
137 Posts
First I would make sure you have a spare fuse just in case you have to be brutal as you say.
Hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Take it into Halfords and ask them how to use it..................point to fuse 85 and see how they get on with the tool.

I would (y)

Reactions: David38

·
Registered
306 Posts
Take it into Halfords and get them to fit it, about 30.00 and go and relax while they do it.
Hope you get it done ok however you do it.

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
My previous motorbike (MotoGuzzi Stelvio) had to go in for fork seals, (dealer in Cambridge) so I set off, via the local Asda Petrol station. When I tried to restart after fuelling, absolutely nothing, Nada, nowt... Pushed bike out of way and called the RAC who arrived very quickly. The fuse box was on the RH side inside the fairing, and I could just about get the cover off. The RAC guy used a long very fine probe and by touching both sides of the fuses managed to find the micro fuse that had gone. He removed it with a very long pair of fine nosed pliers, and replaced it the same way, very high level of dexterity....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all above who contributed with suggestions and past experiences. I have now got the dash cam hard wired and its a nice neat job if i say so myself ! I found a brand new set of assorted pliers that i had bought some time ago and never needed....until today. I also took the advice and purchased a box of assorted mini fuses, which shall now find a suitable hideyhole along with the needle nose pliers. Cheers to all, Martin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts