Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many miles do ye get to a full tank of fuel. think of buying new kuga but being put off by the fuel leaks and the rattle from the rear of car

·
Registered
162 Posts
i get around 340 from £45 don't get any fuel leaks i did have a squeak from the rear seats but wd40 sorted that out

·
Registered
87 Posts
We considered the fuel consumption in great detail before purchasing Winston the Kuga making comparisons with nissan, vw etc and it appeared the Kuga was themost economical option, Unfortunately we didn't allow for the fuel leak and have already done more than 6000miles in 12weeks so it is a big factor for us but once you get your Kuga fuel consumption will be irrelevant as you'll soonget the feel-good factor from all your new admirers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
mikebusa ,I get an average of 350 miles to £42 worth thats about three quarters of a tanks use, as I fill up when she is down to a quarter of tank and since having mine (two months) have had no squeaks.
SB

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mines a diesel awd, usually bang on 400 miles or so with 50 to 80 showing on the range left, only had the fuel leak once when I filled it to the brim (first fill up) but having read more and read the sticker on the fuel flap I just let it click twice, leave it a few seconds and never had the leak problem again in 5000 miles. Got a rattle or two but what car doesn't, certainly not putting me off my ownersip experience. Currently averaging 42 mpg over the last 1500 miles (much motorway) so not displeased with that (my mates just got a Renault Koleos, based on the X Trail) and he's driving like Miss Daisy and just pushing 34 mpg.... most suv's struggle to meet their published mpg figure... lots of real world wind resistance maybe, big lumps of metal to push through the air compared to sleeker 'nornal' cars but I think the Kuga is up there with the more efficient ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the info, picking up commerical version of kuga next friday.only comes in zetec spec so has the blue trim on parts of the dash which im am not fond of so will prob remove and get sprayed silver or grey

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've done 1200 miles since new,2wd, averaging 39m/gallon. would like a few more. i had a qashqai 1.5dci before the kuga, alot less power but averaged 51m/gallon. qashqai had a better gearbox, very sleak compared to my kuga.
Edited by: smc

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello

2300mls and averaging 33-37 mpg. best ive had is nearly 39 on a 600 mile round trip to south coast. also no rattles or fuel leaks. by what ive been told from mechanics at work true mpg will take until engine really loosens up , could take 20,000- 30,000 miles or even more, that means on my usual average mileage that will take over 4 years, probably change cars long before that!.

Gary

·
Registered
113 Posts
Getting about 270 miles per tank and usually get pretty empty between fills - yesterday was £45. I only drive to the station and back mainly - 2 miles each way and all up hill on the way back - 27 MPG or so as a result. Car isn't broken though - just been for a long motorway run and got 36MPG with CC set to 79. On a long run and driving nicely I can get around 45 if I try hard. Around town it's not much different to my 2.2 petrol zafira, but on the open roadthe Kuga is definitely more frugal, if not as practical for trips to IKEA!.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Boy! you guys must be heavy on the pedal. On our first tank of petrol we got 490 miles and averaging 37mph. mind when you do push hard it's does drop dramatically.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts