Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Might just go got these. Do you think the continentals I've currently got at 15000 miles, would be sellable ??? eBay ??
Depends how much tread depth remains, but with around 5-6mm tread, 4 x 235/45/19 tyres seems to go for around £100 - £150.

Luck of the draw I suppose.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I thought I’d give the dealer a call just to see how competitive or not they were with tyres and they refused to quote. Reason being that the Continental contact sports that come with standard on the Kuga are fine for our winters and I would be wasting my money.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Best joke I've heard all day....

If you want to drive in Europe you HAVE to have a snow flake symbol rated for snow in certain months.

Areas of Scotland Recommended in similar months, (Last time I looked we are allowed to drive there as well!)

Should ask the dealer for a price for a new front end when said Kuga won't stop or steer! Free of charge as they said would be ok to drive.

Coming to something when Continental state Summer use only.

Funny that 4 seasons tyres are selling more and more in the UK due to our 2 weeks of chaos per year.

(North West Ambo service have Michey Cross on all the Skoda Octivia's If Contis was OEM's then the ambo service need to chat with said dealer, wasting tax payers money.... )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Best joke I've heard all day....

If you want to drive in Europe you HAVE to have a snow flake symbol rated for snow in certain months.

Areas of Scotland Recommended in similar months, (Last time I looked we are allowed to drive there as well!)

Should ask the dealer for a price for a new front end when said Kuga won't stop or steer! Free of charge as they said would be ok to drive.

Coming to something when Continental state Summer use only.

Funny that 4 seasons tyres are selling more and more in the UK due to our 2 weeks of chaos per year.

(North West Ambo service have Michey Cross on all the Skoda Octivia's If Contis was OEM's then the ambo service need to chat with said dealer, wasting tax payers money.... )
I was questioning my own sanity so rechecked some reviews that said the Continental summer tyres are a white knuckle ride on snow. Our cul de sac is on a hill and last winter in my Focus had a couple of fraught journeys to work on light snow and I don’t fancy the extra weight of the Kuga to contend with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I thought I’d give the dealer a call just to see how competitive or not they were with tyres and they refused to quote. Reason being that the Continental contact sports that come with standard on the Kuga are fine for our winters and I would be wasting my money.
They maybe fine if you don't get snow in your area but i can tell you i have driven in the snow with the Continental contact sports & Nokian winter tyres. There is a big difference between the 2 of them. I swap them over for each season, once the Continentals are worn i wont be buying another set.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
update

booked in for a set of 4 cross climates to be fitted tomorrow. First time I have ever binned a set of 4 tyres with 7000 miles on them. People at work think I’m mad but luckily the wife thinks I’m doing the right thing safely wise.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Falken do a all season tyre (Euroall Season AS210) very similar tread to the crossclimates and the vector 4 seasons tyres.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was questioning my own sanity so rechecked some reviews that said the Continental summer tyres are a white knuckle ride on snow.
First time I have ever binned a set of 4 tyres with 7000 miles on them. People at work think I’m mad....
They be right! Surely, someone would have taken them off your hands to use next year. They are **** expensive tyres new.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would have just put them back on in the spring. At most cost would be £15 a tyre. Mobile tyre fitter probably do it for a tenner each. Storage wouldn't be a problem as they would just go on top of my spare Mazda 17" wheels, spare focus space saver and spare trailer wheel. My kids are going to curse me when I die.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They be right! Surely, someone would have taken them off your hands to use next year. They are **** expensive tyres new.
Yes, I’ve found someone who was willing to pay a bit of cash for them. Must admit I’m impressed with the Crossclimates so far, the car seems to handle a lot better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m looking at getting all years fitted in the next few weeks and was sold on the Michelin. Noticed that Pirelli do an all season and it is quite a bit cheaper. Anyone got any experience of both these tyres and in particular if the Michelin are worth an extra £35 each?

Particularly interested in the performance in snow.
Put simply - all season tires are just useless in snow and not on par with normal/summer tires in regular weather conditions.

I've got Michelin Alpines 4 and those are great. Also have Michelins, as my summer tires, as the car came with those when I bought it in July.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I think it will depend on your All season tread. Some All season have very much a Winter tread pattern.

Your Michelin Alpine 4 are like Goodyear All season 4s and both are very much like my Nokian D3 winters (2013), particularly the alpines, whats new?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
......and I still debate with myself as to wether I should.
today is a good day so the answer is no but when my alter ego comes out he may think differently.

·
Registered
586 Posts
......and I still debate with myself as to wether I should.
today is a good day so the answer is no but when my alter ego comes out he may think differently.
Or maybe just put your feet up and relax until the snows gone. There is no point in me thinking about winter tyres where I live as it would just be a waste of money. It very rarely snows here and when it does the traffic is at a standstill. I had to put winter tyres on my car when I went to Austria in 2015 and did I put them on my car in the winter of 2016, 2017 and 2018. Erm no.....least the car had a good set of tyres on it when I sold it lol.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I was just messing around.....
the costs would turn my anatomy from male to female, courtesy of the wife.
like you say the world may stop for a day or two, so be it.
being a man of leisure, I can sit in the conny with a brew and watch the world pass by or maybe go for a frolic in da snow.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If that is for me and meaning police cars, then now. Any decent amount of snow lead to most cars being “grounded” and only 4x4 allowed to go out.
some divisions like Huddersfield did put a few“beat” cars on winter tyres without much success as they soon got bogged down.
most of the “fast” road cars are BMW and are themselves despite having many driving aids are rear wheel drive and even a wet leaf got them stuck.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If that is for me and meaning police cars, then now. Any decent amount of snow lead to most cars being “grounded” and only 4x4 allowed to go out.
some divisions like Huddersfield did put a few“beat” cars on winter tyres without much success as they soon got bogged down.
most of the “fast” road cars are BMW and are themselves despite having many driving aids are rear wheel drive and even a wet leaf got them stuck.
Yes it was. I can't remember the last time I owned or drove a rear wheel drive car. Could have been my first car, Morris Marina. Evidently there are only 245 left in the country. One of BL's better cars but not according to top gear. I think the vauxhall omega was rear wheel drive. Had one of those and think that's it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Me too, Vauxhall viva, Morris marina coupe. Used to put a sack of coal in the boot for traction.
british leyland what a shameful enterprise, poor quality and absolute rust buckets.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts