Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this message and been able to sort it?

If so any advice would be gratefully received

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that with several usbs, including a band new one and fully formatted them to the correct file type prior to attempting. I phoned Ford on the number given, and that was useless, so thought I would ask here. I have read several posts and it appears that a few people have had similar issues, so hoped that someone who had done all the obvious things might have an answer.

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
100 Posts
Instead of using USB have you tried connecting your SYNC to your home WiFi or a hotspot in your phone and performing the update that way?

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
94 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that with several usbs, including a band new one and fully formatted them to the correct file type prior to attempting. I phoned Ford on the number given, and that was useless, so thought I would ask here. I have read several posts and it appears that a few people have had similar issues, so hoped that someone who had done all the obvious things might have an answer.
I think Mem Error 01 is code for not enough Sync memory to complete update. You could try a factory reset in an attempt to clear Sync3 memory. I know you have Fully Formatted your USB stick, I assume to Ex-Fat format but it’s worth checking because windows 10 defaults to Fat. Also from experience I use a 32gb USB pen drive. Hope this helps.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
637 Posts
Hi Tish3
I had the same problem upon my first attempt at updating Sync3 😕
Most of the remedies I came across appeared to involve a visit to Ford but I was able to resolve.
It’s mentioned on this site in a few places.
Good luck 👍

Cheers, Paul
@andspenka for info
@Paden we don’t mention the alternative option on here, if you want to discuss that with the OP do it via PM, thanks

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Has anyone else had this message and been able to sort it?

If so any advice would be gratefully received
Hi @Tish3 and welcome to the forum @The Painter has stated below it is important to ensure all the housekeeping is done correctly before the update, we all know how clunky the Ford system is but it will work.
can you please add your vehicle details to your signature 👍

·
Registered
2021, Kuga Mk3, ST Line X, 2.5 PHEV
14 Posts
@Paden we don’t mention the alternative option on here, if you want to discuss that with the OP do it via PM, thanks
Apologies, have deleted my post.
It is mentioned in other parts of the forum though, hence why I thought it was OK 🙂

Cheers, Paul.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It is mentioned in other parts of the forum though, hence why I thought it was OK 🙂

Cheers, Paul.
That's great thanks for that. We all know it exists but keep it under the radar (y)

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,423 Posts

Cheers, Paul.
Thanks for deleting your post. There are potential copyright infringements so we try and remove any references to the source.

@davidoff - thanks also for highlighting. Not spent much time on here today due to general chores and BSB catch up with F1 a little later so please don't tell me the result.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,836 Posts

Cheers, Paul.
If it is, it shouldn't be. Let me know where and I'll delete them.

It should only even be referred to as the 'Alternative' version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi each,
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll give the factory reset a go. I think I tried it before, but certainly worth another go.
I have tried the WiFi update and have the ford pass app enabled to allow ongoing updates, but the one it's stuck on is 8gb.
I'll let you know how I get on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts