Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.....I bought a new Meguiars clay bar kit today and it came with a free bottle of Meguiars Quik detailer. This stuff is amazing, wasn`t gonna use it as I thought it was just another free givaway but seriously impressed with the stuff...quick spray and wipe off before it drys...shine is amazing..great for a quick shine between waxes....no I dont work for them...just happy with a good product

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It's an excellent product, I've been using it for a few years now. It would be in the kit to use as the lubricant for the clay bar.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jumborat said:
It would be in the kit to use as the lubricant for the clay bar.
Yea, thats what it says although I have always used water from a hose as a lubricant for the clay with great results but as a dry detailer.......works awsome

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hiya Helipilot, I have been using Simoniz detailing spray £4 from wilkinsons store. Really good shine. I polished my Kuga 3 weeks ago before I went on holiday to Cornwall. I have been to Chester today shopping and the water is still beading well although my Kuga needs a wash now. Cheers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Helipilot said:
jumborat said:
It would be in the kit to use as the lubricant for the clay bar.
Yea, thats what it says although I have always used water from a hose as a lubricant for the clay with great results but as a dry detailer.......works awsome

Apart from the likes of Bilt Hammer's detailing clay, most clay bars will not work 'properly' with water as a lubricant, as it's not really slick enough, to allow the clay bar to 'glide' across the paint's surface. Even mixing up a very weak car shampoo solution, would be better than water

You could end up 'marring' your paint

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's a piece of cake. Wash the car well and dry it off. If you are using any Clay but Bilt Hamber get yourself a spray bottle and fill with clean water put a little bit of car shampoo in too. Break a small piece of clay off and work it into a ball, flatten it out so it fits the top part of your fingers ( I'd say about the size of a small matchbox). Work a small area at a time, spray some water on the panel you have chosen to start on and slide the clay in one direction, you will feel the contamination coming off onto the clay as you go back and forth. Dry carefully with a Microfibre cloth. Move onto the next part of the panel. I did my Kuga front end first and then Autoglym resin polished it. Then one side and then the other,next back end and then the roof. When you have finished claying give the car a nice wash and watch the water bead as you rinse off. Good Luck and take your time. If you drop the clay at any time, bin it and get a new piece. Cheers, John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts