Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An hour before I was due to pick up my new Kuga this afternoon I got a call from my dealer. There was a problem with the finance.


Apparently the money had not been received into their bank account from Ford Credit
. According to the dealer, It turns out thatas I had contracted for the car in September I was not entitled to the £1,000 deposit allowance. Fair enough if the GMFV was to stay at the value quoted in September. Oh no, Ford Credit would only apply the new post October 1st GMFV. My payments would therefore be £50 more than I had been originally quoted by the dealer. Ford Credit rejected the originalcredit application.



Unfortunately they didn't tell the dealer who only found out when doing their final checks. The crazy thing is that as soon as I receive the DVLA documents for my new car, the dealer has to deregister itthen reregister it. This way I get the £1,000 allowance.



What I don't understand is that this must be happening to loads of people who contracted pre 1 October with delivery after that date.



I was so looking forward to driving the car this weekend. I will have to wait a bit longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Gav.


I pick mine up Friday and I'm in a similar situation to you so I hope there are no hiccups as I've insured the car and paid my deposit today.
I was a bit surprised at the drop in GMFV, but the £1,000 more than compensates, as long as Ford don't mess around.

I hope you'll be shouting at their customer services?



Thanks for the warning. I feel a call to my dealer coming on Monday just to check all is OK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like exactly the same situation.


I would definitely call your dealer. My dealer was extremely apologetic. As they were desperate to move the car they offered me £600 towards the deposit, and asked Ford Credit if as a gesture of goodwill they would put up the other £400. They flatly refused. I was asked if I would like to put up the other £400. However if it was a choice between an extra £400 of cost or a two week (hopefully) delay, I went for the delay.



I would be interested in anyone else has come across this problem.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top