Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all i wondered if anyone could shed any light on a knocking noise from the back end when accelerating ive been under the car on had a wiggle around on a few bits but nothing appears loose its really starting to get on my nerves now only had the car 3 month.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If under power maybe drive shaft / diff ?

Need more details of the car model - is it even 4WD ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its AWD titanium x 163bhp. diff has just been replaced, its intermittent and not always under power i could be slowing down too when it knocks, and its not the same noise it can be a loud knock sometime and sometimes a quit knock. is it possible for the fuel tank to be loose?

·
Registered
323 Posts
yes its AWD titanium x 163bhp. diff has just been replaced, its intermittent and not always under power i could be slowing down too when it knocks, and its not the same noise it can be a loud knock sometime and sometimes a quit knock. is it possible for the fuel tank to be loose?
If the diff has just been replaced I should be going back to the garage - most likely something either not fitted correctly or not put back as it should be.

·
3,154 Posts
its intermittent and not always under power i could be slowing down too when it knocks, and its not the same noise it can be a loud knock sometime and sometimes a quit knock. is it possible for the fuel tank to be loose?
There's a known issue with the fuel sloshing around in the tank. I find it worse with around 3/4 to a full tank and when slowing to a stop.

The other thing to check is that all your tyres are the same brand/ model/ size and evenly worn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts