Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2019, Titanium, 2.0, 6 speed, Manual, Diesel, Sync 3, Absolute black.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Brand new to the website as I’m looking for help. I recently bought my kuga so I decided to register my device on Ford. I had a notification my sync 3 was available for an update. It downloaded and uploaded successfully and I’m now on 3.4 21020. Once I did that and uploaded the log, I was then told I had a maps update which is 8.6gb. I downloaded that but I keep getting error code MEM_ERR001. The maps version is F8 but having seen different posts, i know there are later versions. I cannot get past this error and Ford seem useless. I know the error code relates to the sync 3 not having any available space to receive the download. I’ve done a couple of master resets but that’s made no difference. Any advice would be great. Will it fix itself with a later update or is this a permanent problem? Thanks for reading

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all. Brand new to the website as I’m looking for help. I recently bought my kuga so I decided to register my device on Ford. I had a notification my sync 3 was available for an update. It downloaded and uploaded successfully and I’m now on 3.4 21020. Once I did that and uploaded the log, I was then told I had a maps update which is 8.6gb. I downloaded that but I keep getting error code MEM_ERR001. The maps version is F8 but having seen different posts, i know there are later versions. I cannot get past this error and Ford seem useless. I know the error code relates to the sync 3 not having any available space to receive the download. I’ve done a couple of master resets but that’s made no difference. Any advice would be great. Will it fix itself with a later update or is this a permanent problem? Thanks for reading
It’s a 2018 titanium kuga by the way. Thanks

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
637 Posts
Hi @BenW and welcome to the forum, there is a known problem with the map update from Ford and they are apparently fixing it.
Don't hold your breath but if you contact Ford CS they will update you with the information regarding the time it will take to fix it. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. They only told me it was a known issue but wanted me to send them my V5 and take it to a dealer but can imagine I’ll be charged through the nose

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,706 Posts
Hi @BenW
Welcome to forum have a look here (with thanks to @andspenka) to add a signature to your profile, then we will all know what car you have for any future postings

As for your question, loads of posts about updates, if you use the search facility you will find plenty of reading
enjoy your car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did look but I get lost in it all but the chap on my post ha ms said it’s a known problem so just something I need to deal with for now I suppose. How do I add a signature

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did look but I get lost in it all but the chap on my post ha ms said it’s a known problem so just something I need to deal with for now I suppose. How do I add a signature
Added my car details

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I know that there are messages on the forum, saying its a known issue and Ford will fix it in 4 to 6 weeks, but, some of us have managed to resolve it and install F10 maps. Is there somewhere on this forum where I could upload the files I have used?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,436 Posts
Details below on how to add your signature. You didn't put what your car is in the signature box. It's supposed to be underneath like mine shows.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Hi I know that there are messages on the forum, saying its a known issue and Ford will fix it in 4 to 6 weeks, but, some of us have managed to resolve it and install F10 maps. Is there somewhere on this forum where I could upload the files I have used?
You don't need to do that, if you downloaded outside the Ford update site then fine, but keep it to yourself we generally try not to talk about it.
there are numerous threads on here regarding Sync 3 updates all of the information is available to all members, and they can use the search function. (y)
@andspenka is our Sync 3 guru and has helped numerous members sort their update issues and options. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry for trying to make it easy for people!
I'm pretty sure I downloaded from the official ford site, but as a direct download of the missing and suspect file within the zip file.
why do novices such as me have search for the same stuff, when an FAQ and a forum download would help everyone. not to mention save you 'super users' having to answer the same question every other day.
Or is making the files available to people in a simple way illegal?

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,840 Posts
@miles5759

This forum has no affiliation to Ford, the download files are only available to certain models with eligible VIN numbers, you can not distribute these files as it could lead to possible legal issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry for trying to make it easy for people!
I'm pretty sure I downloaded from the official ford site, but as a direct download of the missing and suspect file within the zip file.
why do novices such as me gave search for the same stuff, when an FAQ and a forum download would help everyone. not to mention save you 'super users' having to answer the same question every other day.
Or is making the files available to people in a simple way illegal?
@miles5759

This forum has no affiliation to Ford, the download files are only available to certain models with eligible VIN numbers, you can not distribute these files as it could lead to possible legal issues.
Thats all you need to tell people, but you guy talk in code "We generally dont talk about that" etc. Most users like me have no idea what you are talking and implying, simply state the facts and issues. I'm pretty sure where I got the files was legitimate. Will try and fine the link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi found the link, how can I send it to you and Davidoff so that you can see or confirm that it is a legit Ford url?
I got it from the Ford Fiesta club forum.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,436 Posts
Hi found the link, how can I send it to you and Davidoff so that you can see or confirm that it is a legit Ford url?
I got it from the Ford Fiesta club forum.
If you hit your avatar at the top right of the page and then go to conversations. Type in the recipient and send like an email.

·
Administrator
1,840 Posts
Thats all you need to tell people, but you guy talk in code "We generally dont talk about that" etc. Most users like me have no idea what you are talking and implying, simply state the facts and issues. I'm pretty sure where I got the files was legitimate. Will try and fine the link.
Just to clear things up, you are talking about 2 totally different things!

There's no code, we are talking about an alternative method of downloading which is far superior to the horrible clunky Ford system that you're experiencing all the issues with. Again, we don't talk about it for legal reasons, it's as simple as that.

If you wish to continue with Ford, that's fine, it's your car and your choice. Nobody is saying anything other.

To get the Ford update, you need to go to their website and enter your VIN number, this proves your car is eligible for the update. You can't or shouldn't then share that link with anyone you fancy, that's what I meant that could cause potential legal issues.

I think we've done this to death now, you're sorted, need to move on.

Reactions: Ade C and davidoff

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Hi @miles5759 thank you for the link but I chose not to open it. You seem to have resolved your update issue so as @andspenka has politely put it enjoy your update and let’s move on.

quick note
if you mention other members in your reply’s use the @ and type the user name and it will come up with the name. This will then advise the member he has been mentioned or referred to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to clear things up, you are talking about 2 totally different things!

There's no code, we are talking about an alternative method of downloading which is far superior to the horrible clunky Ford system that you're experiencing all the issues with. Again, we don't talk about it for legal reasons, it's as simple as that.

If you wish to continue with Ford, that's fine, it's your car and your choice. Nobody is saying anything other.

To get the Ford update, you need to go to their website and enter your VIN number, this proves your car is eligible for the update. You can't or shouldn't then share that link with anyone you fancy, that's what I meant that could cause potential legal issues.

I think we've done this to death now, you're sorted, need to move on.
Well im still not sorted and still waiting for someone to help or point me in the right direction about this “other” method as I would like to try and get past my error code and get the latest maps like everyone else. I’ve PM’d the sync expert as recommended on other posts yet had no answer.

·
Administrator
1,840 Posts
I apologise @BenW I read it but never replied. I will send you some info.

Reactions: Ade C and davidoff
1 - 20 of 20 Posts