Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ireland and Wales are welcoming the English but I think Scotland is still closed. Looks like I am staying home this year although I have a day out to Scarborough on the 17th and possibly a business trip to Ireland soon. I hate flying.

·
Registered
834 Posts
We're open for business ? Lol, that'll be the day :D Although we're making good time catching up to the rest of the developed world, in terms of competitiviness, legal framework, licencing procedures etc, we're still leagues behind the most advanced countries (think G20 or something to that effect) and this'll not be changing any time soon. However, you're more than welcome to drop by!

As for domectic Ford dealers, it's the usual hit-n-miss. One dealer will be more than adequate, the next will be picking his nose while "servicing" your car. One time everything will be all good, next time you'll be cursing the decision to step through their door. 8 years of factory warranty sure helps however...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Finally, after the last 8.9 gb download and a master reset to reinstate navigation voice control, I’m up to date

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have sync3.3 maps currently on f7 I can’t get an update any ideas I have checked the site nothing for my car,

·
Registered
67 Posts
Acewuf, What territory appears on Etis for your car and what is its build date?
I am in a similar situation, with no update appearing, but I'm on F8. My Kuga is built for the RO territory (Romania ) in Etis, but I still have hope because other RO owners reported the update appearing. They had far older build dates (2016-2017) than me.

I'm trying to discern a pattern on why it appears with such a delay (or not at all)

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
I’ve had a reply from ford about my complaint email with regard to the inadequacies of sync....and was giving the pill!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Acewuf, What territory appears on Etis for your car and what is its build date?
I am in a similar situation, with no update appearing, but I'm on F8. My Kuga is built for the RO territory (Romania ) in Etis, but I still have hope because other RO owners reported the update appearing. They had far older build dates (2016-2017) than me.

I'm trying to discern a pattern on why it appears with such a delay (or not at all)
Hi my car is 2019 ( late) it’s U.K. maps

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
It must have been hanging around in a compound somewhere as a late 2019 car should have come with F8 maps from Feb/March 2019.

That said, there is absolutely no logic to the sequence in which updates are offered. I was on the 'early' list for F8 but waited for ages for F9.

As your car is still well within warranty, I really would ask the dealer why they didn't check the map version as part of the PDI.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nigel, what exactly does ages means? Weeks, months, one year?
I'm trying to set my expectations right...

·
Registered
834 Posts
"Ages" is sooner than "eons" but later than "any time now" :D

Stepping back to look at the big picture, I'm guessing Ford is aiming at one major update per year...

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
Which is why I'll stick with the TomTom. Three major updates per year and minor mapping and safety camera updates (that take ten minutes to install) weekly.

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
Prepare for your flabber to be well and truly gasted if you expect Ford to display any logic or offer any support with updates.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did 2 updates today. Missed the full instructions after the first update, when the screen gives a screed of text and then shuts down, but after turning Sync3 unit back on eventually the second step took and I finally got the you've been upgraded message. No file generated to send to Ford, but the upgrade check now says I be up to date. Took 2 hours of driving around, but gave the car a good run.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts