·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just logged onto Fords and see a map update of 16.6 GB is availible

·
Registered
62 Posts
And what was your previous Sync and map version? I'm on 3.3, build 19052 with F8 maps I think and Ford's site says there's nothing new, based on my vin. Didn't try to do it in the car though

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Yep it’s there for me also, will do the business later in week

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Gulp, as the last one lead to a very destructive Mr Hyde making an appearance as the 💩 system lead to a partial nuclear meltdown.

“Oh dear lord above, please grant me safe passage through this the darkest of times and bless me with a speedy update” psalm 9, verse 3a from the book of Genesis, Computer nerd 1999. Lol

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Why just a map update, why not an update to make Sync3 work properly.......there’s even been a comment on the forum from a new MK3 owner complaining about sync3 deficiencies

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just checked on my end, and no map update also in the car itself. I'd guess it's a staggered rollout (hopefully).
Out of curiosity, somebody who installed it please write back the new map version visible in Sync (it should be F9 I guess?)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I’m downloading at the mo, so once I’ve installed it, I’ll let you know. That is of course someone else does it first, it’s not a race.
🌎 one world, one race, The Human race.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really don't get Ford at some of these types of "happenings" (download stops, Ford Pass app connects when it wants when in the car..) . Just further proves my strong belief that companies that do manufacturing don't know how to do IoT or proper sw development. (disclaimer: I work at the intersection of IoT and Manufacturing)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished updating mine - took a long time, well over an hour and then didn't provide the update log. Downloaded the Log Update Tool which worked perfectly. Version shown is F9 - LW6V0080 if that's of help to anyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. I don't own a Kuga yet but am on the look out for one right now. I just saw one and the garage told me that you can update the maps via wi-fi, Free of Charge. However, when I looked on the Ford site it shows one update costing about £160 (not sure what you get for that price) and another which is about £80 and looks to be maps only. Can anybody advise please? Is it free or does it cost? What's the difference between the two updates?

·
Registered
816 Posts
SYNC3 updates are free, either via USB or WiFi (OTA from the SYNC itself). Previous SYNC1 and SYNC2 updates require a (purchased) SD-card, roughly about the price you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that. The car I am looking at is either a 2016 or newer which has
  • Ford DAB Navigation System with Ford SYNC3
So it looks like it will be free.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
PITA

Update went fine and the install dialogue is far more intuitive than previous versions but it didn't generate a log file even after trying again with the Ford log file utility.

EDIT: Log file generated at the fourth attempt

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
I really don't get Ford at some of these types of "happenings" (download stops, Ford Pass app connects when it wants when in the car..) . Just further proves my strong belief that companies that do manufacturing don't know how to do IoT or proper sw development. (disclaimer: I work at the intersection of IoT and Manufacturing)

The problem, being based on the old Blackberry OS, is that skilled developers are like rocking horse poo - very rare.

Why Ford has not switched to an Android-based system - who knows?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
No update code generated for Ford. I did do a WiFi sync from the car, so maybe it’s done it that way. I ain’t spending any more time on it anyway. Lol

1 - 20 of 155 Posts