Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

Registered
Send us the magic vaccine then 馃ぉ
You need one of our more senior members for that. I am still on sync 2 but safe to say my update days are over and totally inoculated against any further threat from the Ford servers.
It has been done.
I have received the secrets of the magic box.馃く

Registered
Your reply saying keeping the drivers door open please can you explain.
Keeping the door open prevents the car from going into "deep sleep mode", i.e. shutting down supply to all (or most) electrical systems, thus enabling SYNC to continue to function.

Registered
2017 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
im with smartguy69, though I have sync 3 in a van belonging to the company I work for, It is in self isolation at the mo, worried it might get EFFECTED!!!!

Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
Discussion Starter #44
I am now wondering, given the weird direction this thread as now gone. Was it a good idea to even ask my original question. :) . Am i now under threat from outside forces, i think i need to be careful over the coming days :)

He's in Denial!
@smartygeezeranyway69.
You are young in membership but you post like a pro. You should consider yourself a senior member (in age and thought process anyway)馃憖

I bet if you had sync 3 you鈥檇 have upgraded to whatever 3? is available on the new version on the Ford Highways.

He's in Denial!
It鈥檚 another unrelated side affect that鈥檚 not linked in anyway to a present now in surplus vaccine cos not even 7th world countries want it. I鈥檝e had it and I鈥檓 fine....wibble.

Mr. Uses Lots of Words
@smartygeezeranyway69.
You are young in membership but you post like a pro. You should consider yourself a senior member (in age and thought process anyway)馃憖

I bet if you had sync 3 you鈥檇 have upgraded to whatever 3? is available on the new version on the Ford Highways.
I would have put my faith in the break away from the norm party. Ford said you couldn't upgrade from sync 1 to 2. I can understand that Ford would not wish to get into this sort of territory but Ford also said you cannot have navigation with sync 2 unless it was factory fitted. A simple process to give. Ford would also say you cannot upgrade to Sync 3. Also quite a simple process but my guess is most would not wish to pay the price for a brand new sync 3 screen. I will put my vote into the ones who break away from the norm, make something work and then give it to others for free.

Mr. Uses Lots of Words
It鈥檚 another unrelated side affect that鈥檚 not linked in anyway to a present now in surplus vaccine cos not even 7th world countries want it. I鈥檝e had it and I鈥檓 fine....wibble.
I have had it also. Their loss in my opinion.

Reactions: Psshaw

Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
Ford could quite easily and quickly close the door on the alternative method, it would be foolish to think that they鈥檙e not aware of it but they choose to host their update files on a public server. The only difference between the official Ford update and the alternative one is that the official route decides that once your car reaches a certain age, you鈥檙e not eligible for any more free updates and have to pay an extortionist amount to a dealer to get them. The alternative method, bypasses the first part and downloads the files from the same public server.

Mr. Uses Lots of Words
Perhaps Ford like the fact that people can take their files and adapt them. Where would we be if the asbuilt files were not available on the Motorcraft site. Again they could close the door but they choose to leave it open. Maybe their ethos is it is better for people to want to buy a Ford so they can change and customise things than it to be sent via some dodgy torrent site. Just a shame they can't do the same with IDS lol. Not that I need it.

In the scheme of things it's maybe something they don't have to worry about or try and police and can concentrate their business in other areas. Who would ever have thought that Microsoft would have given the world windows 10 for free.

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
Perhaps Ford like the fact that people can take their files and adapt them. Where would we be if the asbuilt files were not available on the Motorcraft site. Again they could close the door but they choose to leave it open. Maybe their ethos is it is better for people to want to buy a Ford so they can change and customise things than it to be sent via some dodgy torrent site. Just a shame they can't do the same with IDS lol. Not that I need it.

In the scheme of things it's maybe something they don't have to worry about or try and police and can concentrate their business in other areas. Who would ever have thought that Microsoft would have given the world windows 10 for free.
Windows 10, what have you started馃か

He's in Denial!
There is another way around this...buy a new car with 3.4 fitted.

Super Moderator
My full Euro Maps on the XC40 took.....

...15 minutes...:cool:

Reactions: Phil Doggo

Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X

Registered
Checked my maps today, last updated May 2019 and is version 6.
Did someone say doing the update to version 10 updates the maps and software?

Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
Checked my maps today, last updated May 2019 and is version 6.
Did someone say doing the update to version 10 updates the maps and software?
Correct, what version sync are you on

Registered
I will need to read up on how to upgrade the maps and software. Bit above my pay grade might have to ask my son lol

41 - 60 of 105 Posts