Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015, Kuga 180 titanium manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I amlooking at replacing my current Kuga a diesel 2.0 tit 180ps 2015 with a 2019 tit or St 150ps I would like Powershift/auto, but worried of horror stories then I also want the extra power with a re map back up to around my existing 180. Any thoughts. Jeffb

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
The horror stories Go back two/three years and the one your looking at for the power shift, Should be ok. I hope
so cos I’ve got one.
Model derivative is purely down to choice and as for a remap, some have reported good gains. If you pull a caravan etc it wouldn’t go a miss but for me just to pull the usual supermarket shop, then 180’s fine.

·
Registered
65 plate . Zetec . Powershift 4x4 .
70 Posts
the powershift must have oil changes at intervals near to 37500 ish miles . it costs around £350 . afaik the engine , gearbox,brakes ,suspension on the 150 are identical to the 180 , so mapping the 150 to 180 shouldnt be an issue. my 150 powershift if driven right goes like a stabbed rat so the 180 map with all the extra torque must be quite scary . to make you aware that the powershift isnt exactly an automatic gearbox , its 2 clutch plates in a manual gearbox that uses electronics to change the gears . so id be very wary of that extra torque going through the gearbox wearing out those clutch plates too fast , if the 180 powershift is identical then theres no problems .... something to consider though .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your replies. Has anyone had a map on a Diesel 2.0 150 Ps how does it perform on a day to day basis, how is the economy. I’ve just done a 300 mile round trip Mainly motorway in my existing Kuga with cruise set around the legal limit at my sat nav speed and returned 44mpg on the computer I’m happy with that.
thanks in advance jeffb

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Jeffb, as to economy and from a 180 awd, 44 mpg is the max ive ever had that stayed at that figure for a while.

My long term average is 37.5 and the trip reset on trip 2 since filling up is 39.

It rises dramatically if I fill up, reset trip and go onto the-motorway for a long trip but soon declines when pottering about.

I’m due to go to Sunderland for three days soon, travelling each day, so I’m hoping for mid 40s as it’ll be a full tank.

So I’ve not had a remap but it may give you what to expect but those who have had a remap, have reported some mpg gains but not enormous ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks for replies, I was really hoping for a few replies from drivers who are running Kugas with remaps, I wanted to find out if there are any issues with turbo pipes splitting or blowing off if there are any inter cooler problems etc . Thanks Jeffb

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi thanks for replies, I was really hoping for a few replies from drivers who are running Kugas with remaps, I wanted to find out if there are any issues with turbo pipes splitting or blowing off if there are any inter cooler problems etc . Thanks Jeffb
the boost pressure rise will be very slight, not enough to burst pipes etc .. not sure why youd think this tbh . i once had a vw passat remapped and i needed a map sensor from a 150 bhp golf as the boost pressure rise was making the 130 bhp map sensor put the engine into limp mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only mention the pipe issue I knew some one with a mapped Ibiza and it suffered from blowing one of the pipes off always when it was not convenient to repair.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I only mention the pipe issue I knew some one with a mapped Ibiza and it suffered from blowing one of the pipes off always when it was not convenient to repair.
the seat ibiza probably had the vw clips on the pipe ends , they are notorious for comming apart. even with out a remap ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts