Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The man of the house has caught the pssenger side mirror whilst reversing out of the garage yesterday and cracked the plastic surround. all the electrics are ok and I know the local Ford dealer can probably replace it but does anyone know where a new one can be bought without paying the extortionate prices they charge?

(Its funny that although I drive the Kuga most, all the little dinks have not been caused by me, so at the moment Ihave the moral high ground
)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh dear
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It's unlikely that you will be able to get replica non ford parts for such a new car.

If it's the colour coded back part then they are not that expensive, but you will have to buy the paint and lacquer separately and then pay someone to spay it for you, or you can do it your self (not advised if you not good at that sort of thing). I did this to Peugeot that I owned some years ago that some plonker hit whilst it was left parked and I can't remember how much the cost was in total. But it couldn't have been that expensive or I would have remembered.

But if it's the black surround around the mirror MAKE SURE YOUR SITTING DOWN when they give you the price as you might have to Purchase the complete wing mirror, glass, motor, heater and the back plate as one.

If this is the case then the man of the house is going to have to dig deep in his pockets as again being a new car its unlikely a second hand unit will be easy to get hold of.

If you can get a second hand unit it won't matter what colour Kuga it has come from. If the back plate on your wing mirror is ok you can just swap them over.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that Essex boy. ItIS the black plastic surround that has cracked. Not ideal, but I have VERY carefully glued it today and gone over it with bumper restore which does make it look a whole lot better. To be honest, if you did not know, you would not notice it but you know how you are with a new car, you are always gutted about that first boo boo

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm quite nervous about the ming wirrors as they look quite expensive to replace and we have a narrow drive. I wanted the electric folding mirrors, but we went for the Kuga in the showroom in the end to get it sooner.
For models with electric folding mirrors... Is it possible to press a button to fold the mirrors back when the car is moving or just after stopping?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Amser

I have only put the wing mirrors out whilst moving, after setting off with them 'in' oops!.

Haven't tried to fold them in yet whilst moving, but you can bet I'm gonna try tomorrow - just to see if it's possible!!! Will keep you posted.

CL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes you can pretty much fold them in and out at will as far as I can tell - so if you approach a width restriction, or are driving up to the garage you can fold in without having to stop etc - wouldn't recommend at high speed though as they might reach an angle where the aerodynamics mean the forces on the mirrors / motors are a bit much!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts