Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,497 Posts
Perhaps statistics show that not many cars that are 25 years old are left on the road or mileages of those cars are quite low and approaching classic status. It could also be prior to being able to adjust headlight height either manually or automatically.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,530 Posts
There are rules about Motorcycle Indicators etc as well, that is August 1986 iirc.

·
5,497 Posts
There are rules about Motorcycle Indicators etc as well, that is August 1986 iirc.
Wasn't that about size though, Keith. I noticed a lot were changing to a low profile one which were not too visible. How are you on small number plates and noisy exhausts.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Kuga ST-Line 2.0 TDCi
91 Posts
Interesting. Why does Britain seem to be anti-LED bulb upgrade. I really don't understand this at all especially for newer cars with projector headlights.

My friends in other countries can't understand either.

Hopefully as we move forwards in car design halogen bulbs and other incandescent bulbs burning filaments will be a thing of the past.

Incandescent bulbs are energy inefficient and particularly dull compared to LED.

In cars with halogen headlights as long as the light beam complies with MOT light boxes and doesn't blind oncoming traffic surely there is no problem?

Nobody likes getting blinded but even a misaligned halogen headlight will blind oncoming traffic.

I was told the problem is E marking and that Philips, Ring and Osram are working hard to achieve compliance for LED.

Perhaps then the Government will change their stance towards LED with regards to MOT testing.

N.B. I notice that factory LED headlights are MOT acceptable and do not appear to be self-levelling or require washer jets unlike the rules for bi-xenon headlights.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Dead simple, owners in the past have put Xenon or LED conversions (typically the bulb) in a halogen light unit and the manufacturers of these devices have paid no regard to what beam pattern is produced when they have been fitted and I'm sure you've been dazzled by some of these in the past.
The manufacturers of these illegal devices have had plenty of time (years) to develop devices that could meet the relevant E specification, but the prolific availability of cheap devices from the middle east which contain multiple LED devices which cannot/will not meet the E specification as an after market product because of the multiple LED emitting devices rather than a single LED emitting device which would match the the lens and reflector of a light fitting, the former producing scatter and dazzling other road users. It was about time they clamped down on it.

Recent innovation of using single or double LED chip devices with adequate heat sinks have led to devices while still illegal, do replicate a filament lamp much better.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,253 Posts
Well the Autobeam H7’s I put in the kuga about 3 weeks ago one has blown already ,,,better off buying cheaper ones

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Mine still OK after 18 months. They'll replace them surely.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,253 Posts
I think they will they have a 2 year warranty I have replacements to put in in the mean time ,,I have not contacted them yet.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Which did you get?

Mine are H1 mind you.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,253 Posts
Halogen H7 Dipped Beam Bulb
£25.00
The New Halogen lighting range from Autobeam is here, If you’re looking for headlight bulbs that offer a bright white light, look no further. These Autobeam H7 bulbs are the perfect option and are the closest styling match to HID Xenon bulbs. The deep blue coating on our bulbs creates the ultimate white light with a slight blue tint.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Ah I see, , sorry I thought they were LEDs. Yeh the thinner filament to make them burn brighter doesn't like vibration too.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,655 Posts
I think they will they have a 2 year warranty I have replacements to put in in the mean time ,,I have not contacted them yet.
I would contact them, from my experience there customer service is excellent.

Reactions: Ross J

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white.
66 Posts
Philips racing vision are the brightest, whitest, road legal halogen replacement bulbs available.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hey, Halogen light bulb sales to be banned in UK:)

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,253 Posts

·
5,497 Posts
Isn’t that just for house‘s and buildings to save energy ?
Yes, it was supposed to happen in 2016. Sales will stop also on florescent tubes. It doesn't mention anything about phasing out halogen car bulbs that I could see.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Of course it meant households, after all the discussion above I thought a bit of 'subtle as a sledgehammer' would brig a smile other than the one at the end of my post.

And Phill, have you seen how long the candles are in Wakefield Cathedral?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts