Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted Friday 23rd Octoberat2.35pm Black Kuga hauling a caravan M6/M55 northbound was that you?

·
Registered
434 Posts
No but you and I must have missed each other by a matter of minutes. Was M6 northbound around Preston at that time.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ips, Not hauling a caravan by any chance? Seen a few Kuga's recently not one single on with a KOC sticker where are you all?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi
No not pulling a caravan. I have a motorhome for that
, been away this weekend hence the delay in the reply.

Ian

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anywhere nice Ian? I think using a Kuga to haul a caravan around is just wrong

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Bob, You are at it again. (Agent Provocature) In my eye's there in no finer sight than a Kuga with a caravan behind. They are an excellent towcar, £20,000 ish to sit and preen its whiskers not likely, give them some work to do. LoL.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whatever shakes your tree win-doc, whatever shakes your tree . . . Lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bob
Kirby lonsdale for the weekend.

I used to tow caravans but now cant be bothered with all the faffing about winding steadies and filling water etc. Only draw back is not having a car to go out for the day but got round this by buying a Piagio scooter which lives in the motorhome grage, great for days out or nipping to the shops

Ian

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI ips We stayed at Whoop Hall (B&B) A65 earlier in year, nice hotel and surroundings.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Win-Doc post was not ment to be offensive it's just that a thing of beauty hauling a caravan around, that job should be left to those Mitsubishi Warrior trucks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Bob up Town,
No offense taken, we all like a bit of banter. Think of the kuga as a well toned athlete having a work out. They just love the challenge of doing the Mitsubishi thing but in a more subtle manner. No grunting and grinding just a gentle purr and off they go. Kuga and caravan in harmony. Hah it makes you want to weep don't it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
bobuptown said:
HI ips We stayed at Whoop Hall (B&B) A65 earlier in year, nice hotel and surroundings.

Yes I know it, we stayed at the caravan site of the A65 just before devils bridge. Had a great meal at "Avantis restaurant" centre of town.Can reccomend it if you ever go again. Was flipping dark walking back to site though

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks win-doc &ips, Now that the Kuga has made her way back onto the drive Just looking on TravelZoo for somewhere (cheap cheerful) to go for a day or so, give her a run out, been in hibernation for well over six weeks and despite that, when I pushed that button it was like the Starship Enterprise.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi championkuga, when I got my first Golf many moons ago now ("W" reg) I thought, that blue dash was socool, but have to admit I think Ford interior designers have done abrilliant jobwith the dash, havingsaid that, some KOC members have mentioned they have/are changing the dashboard led's for different colours, interesting but I suspect expensive, but you cannot put apriceon individuality.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My dad had a Ford Consul ( 1959 ) big back wings - looked like a cadillac - interior was brill - big full leather bench seat in the front ( in the days before seat belts you could squeeze three kids plus driver in there ) , column change , chrome everywhere ( inside & out ) - they certainly dont make em like that anymore . He bought it in 1962 & only got rid of it in 1976 !!!!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rampman, remember that one well working at Kelloggs at the time and the bloke who gave me a lift had one (73)Bloke who lived opposite had a Renault Dauphinenever had his head from under thatbonnet. Thought: Kuga has chrome too? Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts