Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our 59 plate last week and I have to say both the wife and I are loving it, bit of shame she likes it so much, looks like more arguments of who's driving! anyway no problems yet like fuel leaks or excessive miles on the clock when collected (only 4) all I read on the forum. I wasn't happy with the navi option offered by ford so had a kenwood system fitted yesterday, looks great and performs even better, DVD,Nav,USB,Bluetooth etc etc.

Looking forward to many happy miles.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Streaky and Welcome.Interested to know how you get on with the Kuga as the miles pile on. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Streaky said:
Got our 59 plate last week and I have to say both the wife and I are loving it, bit of shame she likes it so much, looks like more arguments of who's driving! anyway no problems yet like fuel leaks or excessive miles on the clock when collected (only 4) all I read on the forum. I wasn't happy with the navi option offered by ford so had a kenwood system fitted yesterday, looks great and performs even better, DVD,Nav,USB,Bluetooth etc etc.

Looking forward to many happy miles.

hello and welcome. what kenwood unit did you get and have you got any photos.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Streaky

Welcome to the Forum. When we first got our Kuga we had the exact same problem as you and your wife are having as to who was driving. So now we compromise, one of us drives there and the other drives back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi streaky,
welcome to the forum, springhead's system works fine as long as the good lady drives back (after certain refreshments have been consumed).

Slimus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Kenwood DNX7240BT. I have got some pictures just not sure how to upload to the forum. Any ideas?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Streaky
This has been covered previouslyon various posts, most in the Gallery section. The main thing is that the photo you want to show is uploaded to a photo sharing site and some examples to use are photobucket.com and flickr.com. I use flickr. I think its the most used on this site. There is even a group run I think by Gazwats on there, where there are various photos of beautiful Kuga's. Once the photo is on one of these sites, you then use something called BBcodes to include the photo's URL or web address in your post. You can get a good idea of what you need to do in this post:
http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=245&KW=photo&PID=1986#1986

Good luck Streaky looking forward to the photos.

KugaKen
Edited by: KugaKen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a picture of the Kenwood system installed. Hope you like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Should be a better picture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a cheap upgrade fully fitted comes out at around £1,200, although this is comparable with the ford DVD option at £1,500, & IMO at a better option (obviously).

I haven't used the sat nav yet but kenwood use a Garmin system so should be OK, I will give more details after I've used it for a while.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Still in love with mine after a year. Had to drive from Salisbury, Wilts to Ramsgate, Kent via Walton on Thames in Surreyand back again on Friday. A round trip of 340 miles but the Kuga just ate the miles, not sure how economical it was, got through 3/4 tank of diesel but SO comfortable. Didn't get out afterwards wanting to stretch as usual.

Just come back from a run to Oxford today to get daughter back to uni. Amazed at the amount of rubbish she managed to back into it and still have room for three passengers. Rather enjoyed passing X3s on the A34 and seeing their looks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Streaky
I know it was along time ago you posted about your Kenwood DNX7240bt but did you manage to get the unit connected to your remote controls on the steering column and are you still pleased with it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the forum. I guess I am really lucky, my partner doesn't drive so i get to drive my preciouskuga all the time. After 5000 miles still enjoying every moment spent in her. By the way your Kenwood unit looks really smart

2011 midnight sky titanium 163 awd with x-pack convenience pack appearance pack 19" alloy wheels and one very happy owner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts