Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MK3 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 1.5 150PS Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody out there got a 2022 ST Line X edition 1.5 150bhp car. When I start mine up I get a loud exhaust noise from the left hand exhaust which goes after about 30 secs and then both exhausts run as normal.
I would be very grateful if somebody could check if there car does the same, you have to stand at the rear of the car to hear the noise as you cannot hear it with the door shut if you are inside the car.
The dealership have been in touch with Ford technical and have been told to try and replicate the noise with another Kuga the same spec as mine and of course the dealer hasn't got one, so I could be waiting weeks or months before I get this resolved as Ford do not seem to have a clue what it is unless thes is normal then I will just have to accept it.

·
Registered
Ford Focus St mk 2 summer car Ford Kuga St line x 1.5 petrol everyday car
40 Posts
Has anybody out there got a 2022 ST Line X edition 1.5 150bhp car. When I start mine up I get a loud exhaust noise from the left hand exhaust which goes after about 30 secs and then both exhausts run as normal.
I would be very grateful if somebody could check if there car does the same, you have to stand at the rear of the car to hear the noise as you cannot hear it with the door shut if you are inside the car.
The dealership have been in touch with Ford technical and have been told to try and replicate the noise with another Kuga the same spec as mine and of course the dealer hasn't got one, so I could be waiting weeks or months before I get this resolved as Ford do not seem to have a clue what it is unless thes is normal then I will just have to accept it.
I have the same model and on a cold start up you can hear a noise like the exhaust is blowing near the engine but can only hear it if I'm outside the car. I haven't had it looked at as I thought maybe it's just the sound it makes 🤔

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably just additional noise on fast idle. When the idle drops to normal the noise goes.
Thanks for the reply Its a bit strange that it only comes out of one of the exhausts and not both. Will let you know what ford says it is when they check it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same model and on a cold start up you can hear a noise like the exhaust is blowing near the engine but can only hear it if I'm outside the car. I haven't had it looked at as I thought maybe it's just the sound it makes 🤔
Thanks for the reply My noise is coming from the left hand exhaust, if I thought it was near the engine I would certainly have it checked out. Will let you know what Ford thinks it is once they have checked it out.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga ST Line X PHEV 2020
1 Posts
Yup, I have the same. TBH both exhausts sound terrible but after a couple of seconds they seem to calm down. It can be quite embarrassing if neighbours are around or people walk past 🤣

·
Registered
679 Posts
My Sons Focus Extra does the same. His model is listed with "Sports Tuned Exhaust" whatever that is.
It may be something similar in your Kuga.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts