Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I Have a Ford Kuga that my mechanic and ford have worked on. No one seems to be able to find the fault. It drives about 100 yards and then comes up acceleration decreased, loss of power steering then finally engine malfunction. Had the dpf and all sensors changed, new hoses and a new battery. Sometimes the immobiliser kicks in when driving and shuts the car out. The problems started about a year ago with the Engine malfunction light coming on, when plugged in and diagnosed it came up with the DPF faults and regeneration needed. Once the regen was done it worked fine for around 500 miles then the issue came up again. After the dpd sensors and hoses were changed at ford we got it back and these new issues have started. The fault codes coming Are U0140 and U0155 loss of communication to the Body Control Module and Instrument Panel Control Module

·
Registered
253 Posts
It just needs a single wire to have a break in it and occasionally lose the connection.

A decent auto electrician will be able to check all the wires for continuity etc.

You may even find they have come across this problem before and know exactly what the problem is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I Have a Ford Kuga that my mechanic and ford have worked on. No one seems to be able to find the fault. It drives about 100 yards and then comes up acceleration decreased, loss of power steering then finally engine malfunction. Had the dpf and all sensors changed, new hoses and a new battery. Sometimes the immobiliser kicks in when driving and shuts the car out. The problems started about a year ago with the Engine malfunction light coming on, when plugged in and diagnosed it came up with the DPF faults and regeneration needed. Once the regen was done it worked fine for around 500 miles then the issue came up again. After the dpd sensors and hoses were changed at ford we got it back and these new issues have started. The fault codes coming Are U0140 and U0155 loss of communication to the Body Control Module and Instrument Panel Control Module
Hi, I know this is old but I'm having the exact same problem with my kuga 09, did you find out what the problem was?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this problem had engine bay loom changed but still getting them come up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, my 1st ever post. I had a focus MK2 suffered communication loss, dpf faults, fuel sensor fault, brake check fault, and so on.. after months of suffering and changing different costly items, it turned that the cambus signals all terminate in the instrument cluster. The focus had a recall on the clusters because they developed dry solders on the main plug that connects to the cluster. My cluster clipped apart very easily (watch some YouTube vids) Where the cluster plug fits into the cluster on the circuit board you'll see about 20 solder points, some of these will be dry. Using a magnifying glass you'll see a circle around the joint. That is the crack/dry solder. It interferes with the signal from the canbus and gives false faults. Some companies do repairs by post for about £150. Once I found the problem it took me 15 minutes to just resolder the joints, I had 5 or 6 cracks, but resoldered all of them(20ish). It is really easy to do yourself. Hope it helps, sorry for withering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I forgot to add I found this fault out of frustration! I was days away from scrapping the car, it wouldn't start, loads of false messages on the cluster. So used punched the instrument cluster, the faults disappeared and the car started! That pointed me to the cluster, then found this video. I appreciate its an old focus, but it's still a ford. Good luck

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
The Focus instrument cluster issue is well documented on the Focus forums, but there is no equivalent for the Kuga...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel I'm championing this issue, nothing is impossible. All cars have clusters, therefore all clusters have solders, therefore some may be dry. It's better to check for free when it's a known ford/cluster issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about the split messaging.
Kuga/Escape cluster removal.

You're right Guzzilazz, I struggled. Found the above vid from our American friends, obviously refers to 'Escape', they can't be too disimilar.
As for taking the cluster apart, firstly watch the previous focus vid and take note the different layers literally clip together. So if you see any screws try 'not' remove them, unless you know what they are holding together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I forgot to add I found this fault out of frustration! I was days away from scrapping the car, it wouldn't start, loads of false messages on the cluster. So used punched the instrument cluster, the faults disappeared and the car started! That pointed me to the cluster, then found this video. I appreciate its an old focus, but it's still a ford. Good luck
Did anyone here try out antoher cluster? I have 2011 Kuga that are experiencing u0140 and u0155 and sudden messages of loss of power, engine malfunction, power steering and reduced acceleration. The dealer told me it was the turbo but, upon closer inspection it seems fine. Where is the ECU located and is it difficult to check the loom for shortages?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you guys, with what you said I tried driving and i got the error messages after a minute. I tried to gently "smack" the cluster and then everything was fine for a second or two. I watched on youtube someone who re-solder the pins on the cluster. I will try the same tonight or tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

I have had trouble with the car now for abouth 3 years, it has gone on and off and the dealership here in Norway cant seem to figure it out. They have said it was the turbo, haldex system and alternator. I really hope this works.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts