Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Will be looking to sell my black zetec AWD with app pack in December and am having a tough time trying to pick another car?

Reason I am selling is that we are looking to move house in the next year or so and need to get some money in the bank, and the only way we can do it is by chopping in the Kuga

Problem is I am having a tough time picking what I want next?

Looking to have a nice powerfull engine (petrol or diesel) but have enough space to go camping in when that thing in the sky comes out to play.

Cars I have on my short list are:

Hyundai couple 2.7 v6

Toyota celica 190

Audi A4 s line

BMW 330

Mazda 6 2.3t MPS

Mondeo ST220 3.0 etc etc....

Feel free to list other cars I have failed to mention and think I would be interested in.

Region is 7-9k.

And as a wild card would be a pick upi like and outlaw or warrior, but looking for something with a little bit of beef.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
418 Posts
Subarau Legacy SpecB

AWD

2.x l engine

drives really well and has the space you need.

Go for the estate as the saloon just doesn't look right..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Daisbuys..
One reason I got rid of my warrior was the heavy wear on front tyres and a road tax of £400.
You'll really notice they are a truck in comparison to the K but on a positive they should be within the price range

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Churchill on the tip on the warrior, think I will just focus on cars now.

Hey Cornish, that scooby aint bad at all, will have to put that on the list and look a bit deeper into prices! Thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Daisbuys

With regard to space for camping, our nephew has a Hyundai coupe, while the boot is quite large it is only shallow, so you might not get all the gear in, it has the power, but fuel consumption can be poor, but like all cars it depends on how it is driven, nephew only gets 17mpg from it, but when my other half had it for a couple of days he got 34mpg! Four of us went to Skye in March in a Mondeo and the boot on that was like a tardis, you should have seen all the stuff we got in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks springhead.

Thats a good average you OH got on it. I just done a 360mile trip to Manchester and back over the weekend and only managed 33mpg driving to speed limits(most of the time). It has now done 6k and thought it should have loosened up a bit by now, but it is the AWD version.

I will probably look at the coupe and see if it's enough room as with all the other cars mentioned.

How is the power on it? Was it as meaty as the engine states? 2.7 V6 afterall should be pretty impressive?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Daisbuys

Yes the Hyundai is meaty. Nephew is so impressed with these coupes, that this is the second one he has had.

·
Registered
58 Posts
sorry can't see the logic in changing cars, you will loss a small fortune in depreciation with both. Just keep the Kuga and get a p/t job.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is not the case in my situation mate, but I have changed my budget now and only looking to spend 4k maxon a car. So most of the above cars are out, apart from the Hyundai and maybe the Celica and ST220?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't need to last me forever(what car does) all I want to do is get enough in the bank to be able to put down a reasonable deposit on a new home. While in the meantime I wont have the outlay of the car every month. And once in my new home(1-2yrs) I can then look at newer cars again.

I shall look into the Rav4, thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HE HE Daisbuys, remember you from the focus st brigade! I too am looking at chopping my Kuga next March....but i have succumbed to the power and the noise....A Focus RS mk2is on the cards....good luck with the house hunting!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again Jase, from focusstoc!

I love the new RS, there is only one in our car parkin work at the moment in green and am itching to get one. What colour you going for? I also heard that there is a DS out for it already taking it up to 350bhp!!!

I have been in my house now for 9 yrs and looking to get a new build down the road which the Princes foundation has a finger in, and will be ready in a year or so but am looking to buy of plan there so need as much as I can get at present, hence the sale of the Kuga.

I miss the ST loads by the way, wish I kept it TBH......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts