Message on screen says key free switch ignition off push power button
Ford kuga trend 2013 diesel

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Message on screen says key free switch ignition off push power button
Ford kuga trend 2013 diesel
Welcome to the forum.
Has this message stopped the car from working?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
How old is your car battery?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
So what symptoms is the car displaying?
Can you use the remote to unlock the doors, does the starter motor turn the engine over?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Do you have a spare key?
If you do will that start the car.
Does the engine turn over?

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Can you start the car by placing the fob in the emergency recess on the RH side of the steering column?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Some other info may help. Was there any other symptoms leading up to this. You having replaced both the starter and battery is pointing to perhaps the same fault. Sometimes I have to press my start button a couple of times if I have stopped the car, say to eat a mcdonalds, and then pressed start again.

Assume you have all electrics and lights work and don't go dim after a short while.
Assume you have a clutch switch in your country. Try pressing brake and clutch together.
Do as Fillco says in post above
Check that both battery terminals are tight and also the lead that goes to the starter motor. On the mk1 the starer earth through the starter mounting bolts and if they were rusty it can cause problems starting. Not sure if mk2 is the same.

You need to borrow a multimeter from someone or just buy one. They are not expensive. Just because you have a new battery doesn't mean to say it is good. Take the reading off the battery and post it on here. There are not too many reasons why a car won't turn over but the battery is a good starting point.

Have you been excessively cleaning your keys. As one of the posts above suggests use your spare and advice for all for the future is always insist on having two keys when buying a car from a dealer. I told my son that when he bought a car with just one key and then lost it.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some other info may help. Was there any other symptoms leading up to this. You having replaced both the starter and battery is pointing to perhaps the same fault. Sometimes I have to press my start button a couple of times if I have stopped the car, say to eat a mcdonalds, and then pressed start again.

Assume you have all electrics and lights work and don't go dim after a short while.
Assume you have a clutch switch in your country. Try pressing brake and clutch together.
Do as Fillco says in post above
Check that both battery terminals are tight and also the lead that goes to the starter motor. On the mk1 the starer earth through the starter mounting bolts and if they were rusty it can cause problems starting. Not sure if mk2 is the same.

You need to borrow a multimeter from someone or just buy one. They are not expensive. Just because you have a new battery doesn't mean to say it is good. Take the reading off the battery and post it on here. There are not too many reasons why a car won't turn over but the battery is a good starting point.

Have you been excessively cleaning your keys. As one of the posts above suggests use your spare and advice for all for the future is always insist on having two keys when buying a car from a dealer. I told my son that when he bought a car with just one key and then lost it.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has 12.7 volts at battery all electrics come on and work except for the rear window defroster I’ve put a screwdriver onto the starter and the car started and I drove it around the block thought that might I’ve done something but still won’t turn over if I sit in car and try and start it message keeps coming up to push brake in but I’ve already have the pedal pushed down

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Do your brake lights work when you push the pedal down, ask someone to have a look.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I believe there are 2 switches on the brake pedal, 1 to switch on the brake lights, the 2nd to tell the car you have the brake pedal down so it will allow the car to start.
It might be worthwhile checking if that's correct and if both switches are working.
After that I'm out of ideas, it could be time for a good Ford mechanic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I believe there are 2 switches on the brake pedal, 1 to switch on the brake lights, the 2nd to tell the car you have the brake pedal down so it will allow the car to start.
It might be worthwhile checking if that's correct and if both switches are working.
After that I'm out of ideas, it could be time for a good Ford mechanic.
Thanks will try that . Finding a good ford mechanic Will be the problem

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
So your able remotely unlock the door, so that side of things work's. And this message appears when? All the time? What happens if you press the start, does the message change?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts