Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to everybody,
can anybody explain why it seems like every other ford eg focus ,fiesta mondeo, s max all have the model name titanium on the back,but kuga does not.

thanks kuga boy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sadly no. it seem's lost to ford's wisdom, same as it has no AWD (all wheel drive) on some models!
probably a cost saving exercise on price of a badge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I first started looking at a Kuga as my next car (around last February) during my visits to various showrooms, I came across several used Kugas (58 plates) that did have the titanium name on. I automatically assumed that my new kuga would have it when I purchased it in May 09. No it did not.
I have considered buying the badge myself, I believe they are only stick on.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Missing Titanium decals.Back to Ford's Infamous Disclaimer, now that someone has mentionedit (Digger)seem to recall seeing a Titanium decal on a Kuga, but I suppose as mentioned it's all down to reducing manufacturing costs and saving money, tempted to get a black marker and put Titaniumin my best handwriting. Thought:Anyone remember Ghia? dropping the Ghia and replacing them withTitaniumwas a bit of a swizz to me because from memory the Ghia had almost everything and the extras list was minimal, todaywhen you go forthe so calledtop of the range Titanium there is a whole raft of factory extras and optionpacksmany of which were probably standard(back in the day) on the Ghia, basically your Titanium has been cleverly downgradedand I have to admitsuperblyexecuted by Ford withexhaust smoke and wing mirrors obviously. Remember "Ford gives you more"campaign, did that campaign finish around the same time the Ghia was dropped?Bob.

PS Take no notice still hacked off with misingtables.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi
Just an aside to the titanium name <STRIKE>plate</STRIKE> decal, my last car, focus estate (again bought in a rush) 54 plate. Anyway the focus zetec was the higher range car and it was the LX which was the "lower" version.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have just looked on GazWats suggested website
, I seem to remember the titanium decal I saw on old kugas was just block letters, standing quite proud. A bit like on the website but without the background plate.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Digger... if you look closely you'll see that the Titanium badge is a series of letters on a release sheet, so when applied and the backing and alignment/spacing tape has been removed, they will look as you remember them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts