Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little niggle with my new Kuga and wanted to check "if it's just me"

Pressing the lock button once should lock the car and the indicators should flash.

Pressing a second time should double lock the car but not flash the indicators

Well, mine does the opposite....

Press once and it locks but no the indicators do not flash.

Press twice and it double locks and flashes the indicators.

A minor quible I know but it annoys me because I have to press twice and double lock in order to know it is locked (as I need to see the indicators to be sure it is locked)

Anyone seing this? or perhaps there is some undocumented setting?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep same here, last 5 Fords have all done this. In the habit of pressing twice for many years now and natural reaction

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have similar problem....

i understand by the manual that opening the door with the remote and the lights flash once.
locking the car by pressing twice and the lights should flash twice.

the car seems open all the time, cant seem to get the lights to flash at all when trying to lock the car, whether enabling the deadlocks or just simply trying to lock it.

i hear the door locks working but i can still open the drivers door and then the alarm goes off.

I have a zetec which i only got last night and have had alot of problems for having hte car less than 24 hours!!

Am i doing anything wrong? i have tried to lock the car manually with the key but that doesnt work either!

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem and if so, what fixed it?

I am wondering whether they should just give me a new car, as this is one of a few problems i have had already.

·
Registered
19 Posts
zsazsa, I had the same problem and went wild as my Kuga has already been in the garage 5 times with faults. I found that the rear tailgate (top) was open which I had done by pressing the "open boot" button on the remote by mistake. Ensure all doors are closed and try again.

having said that, I have driven BMW, Lexus, Merc and none are as good as the Kuga.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Foxy said:
having said that, I have driven BMW, Lexus, Merc and none are as good as the Kuga.
??? in what way or just in general?
I have driven BMW's and Audi's also for a very long time and I love my Kuga but I cannot say it is better. I liked them all and the Kuga is definitely very good, but better...............
Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took it to the dealer mainly because of a pretty major problem with the ESP malfunctioning and also mentioned the key problem. They thought I was just being a bit thick and then they realised the door lock on the drivers side was faulty and they had to keep my car in for two days whilst they ordered a new lock.

I have had the ESP fixed now as the car would just start "kangarooing" across the road at any time for no reason at all, even on the motorway which was really scary.
They changed a "Yaw" (is that right) sensor which "touch wood" seems to have cured the problem. Hurrah

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've just picked my Kuga up and couldn't work out why the lights didn't flash when I pressed the close button once and flashed when I pressed it twice. You'd of thought with something as important as locking the car, there would be an amended manual by now or at least an insert.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
jsstevo, this is in the owners handbook, but i reckon the fault is with your vehicle handover. If someone is not familiar with the ford locking operation then they should demonstrate this. Also check out the alarm volume sensors which can be switched off if you need to leave a window open etc.. get your handbook out or have a moan at the salsman for a proper handover. Best of all ..... enjoy the Kuga.
Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
173 Posts
I sussed mine out properly by going through the handbook which appears to be correct. Push the lock button once and it locks the doors push it again within a few secs and it double locks the doors and arms the alarm and also flashes the indicators twice. To unlock just press it once and you get one flash of the indicators.

If you keep your boot button pressed down (as long as the drivers door is unlocked) it will release the upper tailgate, ooh it's all very clever...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeh, but my manual says press once and light flash. If you press the button a second time, the lights won't flash again!

·
Registered
106 Posts
ford gets away with alot of things in the manual....but in there words theres a disclaimer in the front....which doesnt really help there customers......the kuga its self is generally good its just fords own customer relations with leaves alot to be desired

1 - 17 of 17 Posts