Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my Kuga about a year ago need new tyres but cannot find locking wheel nut adapter any idea how i can get a new adapter for my car thanks kev

·
Registered
751 Posts
i bought my Kuga about a year ago need new tyres but cannot find locking wheel nut adapter any idea how i can get a new adapter for my car
If your Kuga is fitted with the original "McGard" locking wheel nuts normally supplied buy Ford, then you can order a replacement key form the "McGard" website:

https://www.mcgard.de/en/customer-services/replacement-key.html

Ideally, you will need the original "Code Card", which may have been amongst the paperwork when you bought the car (but which could also have been discarded by a previous owner).

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Providing the locking wheel nuts haven't been changed, a Ford dealer should be able to access the system to what was originally fitted.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Providing the locking wheel nuts haven't been changed, a Ford dealer should be able to access the system to what was originally fitted.
When I asked about the replacement alloy wheel locking nut key ("McGard") for my previous car at my local Ford dealership around 3 years ago, ISTR them telling me they couldn't order replacements and would have to remove the old nuts with "Special Master Key", but could sell me a new set of nuts for £60+

Dunno if they just shullbitted me, but I wasn't paying that!

Luckily, I discovered a replacement alloy wheel locking nut key could be ordered direct from "McGard" and as I still had the "Code Card", this made life a lot easier.

The replacement alloy wheel locking nut key direct from "McGard" in Germany cost around £16 delivered.

That was around 3 years ago though, so the price will probably have increased a little since, but will no doubt be cheaper than a new full set from Ford.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Actually I made the suggestion because when I had to obtain a new set for my Daughters Fiesta, because a fitter who carried out a tyre repair while she was working away had almost rounded one of the nuts. Ordering a set from the dealer the car was purchased and them picking them up, they recorded the new key code on file. That may have been for their benefit rather than global of course.

·
Registered
751 Posts
..............they recorded the new key code on file. That may have been for their benefit rather than global of course.
You would think they would do this as a matter or course and maybe they actually do and my situation was maybe due to them having a slow day and figured selling a set of wheel nuts might brighten said day. surprise:

To be fair though, they are a pretty decent family run affair and aside from a couple of issues I've had in the past (due to a couple of young techs that USEDE to work there), they are generally a good, honest dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your Kuga is fitted with the original "McGard" locking wheel nuts normally supplied buy Ford, then you can order a replacement key form the "McGard" website:

https://www.mcgard.de/en/customer-services/replacement-key.html

Ideally, you will need the original "Code Card", which may have been amongst the paperwork when you bought the car (but which could also have been discarded by a previous owner).

Good luck!
thanks for your help contacted McGard and they sent me a new Key

·
Registered
751 Posts
thanks for your help contacted McGard and they sent me a new Key
Good to know Shorty!

Out of interest, how much does a replacement key cost these days (including shipping)?
Thanks for the update by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts