Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm getting the Kuga on Wednesday (fingers crossed) Long time to wait for a car that was in the showroom when I signed the papers! (Partly the fault of Land Rover who need 4 weeks to supply a replacement key so I could complete the trade in but also the fact that Ford Uk and Ford Germany don't seem to have towbars in stock)

Photos to come!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally picked it up!
I must say I'm real impressed with
the comfort despite the 18" inch alloys. Better than my old Disco 3 even
great handover experience but have a problem accessing
the parking heater settings so I hope Ford haven't boobed on
the spec
Photos to come

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ken,

The parking heater is the fuel burning extra heater which is set up to allow start up from a timer. So I can leave the car parked up the night set the timer and come out to a car which is already warmed up.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Snowman,
Congratulations, you will now begin to realise what it is that we all like so much. I hope it doe's the job you want it for and can cope with your winters.
Regards win-doc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Doc!

Well I've solved the problem of the parking heater. The clock wasn't set properly (apparently they changed the battery for a new one and I guess forget to reset) Once I reset the date and clock, the parking heater menu was immediately available. Now set to 6.30am tomorrow so will be warm and toasty when I come out to go to work

So far I'm real pleased with the lack of rattles and extremely good insulation from road noise and low wind noise. Far exceeding expectations. Now just have the problem in the morning as to who takes the Kuga and who takes the ST. -The best of both worlds?

Great handover experience. Full tank of fuel to compensate for some slight delay since antenna wasn't fitted. Welcome sign with my name on it, flowers and car parked centrally in showroom under spotlights!. Sales guy really took the time (even after their closing time) to go through everything. Pity he didn't know about the parking heater though -will be amused to tell him tomorrow since he is due to pick the car up from my house in order to sort the problem out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Is the heater an eberspatcher ??
I have one fitted in my Ford transit based motorhome, there fantastic and very economical. Wish I had one on the Kuga.

Were exactly is it mounted. ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure whi h brand the heater is but it will either be an EberspÃcher or a Webasto.
It's a factory fitted option over here with the timer being set through the dashboard menu.
Can't see where in the engine bay the heater is mounted but Its not obvious - I need to take a look while it's running

·
Registered
434 Posts
KugaKen said:
Should be option over here up North it can get quite chilly.

Only have to ramp up the heated seats to full power come the cold mornings
KugaKen

Agreed it would be very welcome for us northeners.

Inccidentay we were in Durham a few weeks ago in our motorhome..........very nice city.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm surprised it isn't on the option list in the UK because I believe the hardware is on the car anyway.
I know there is the PTC extra heater on the car (mine has this as well) but I believe that the fuel burner sits on from standard as it does a lot of diesel cars. Just the programming and maybe the wiring that are different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts