Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<DIV ="walltext">
A message to you all.

We<?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">'</st1:personName>re having a nightmare with our Kuga, and after less than 6 months, are now changing it for another one.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

This is why:

Both the front and rear lights all leaked / fogged up, and had to be changed.

The wheels are forever in need ofbalancing.

So you can imagine that gets a little tiresome going back and forth withsilly little things like this, but little did we know this was only thestart off it all... it then got worse.

(4 months old at this point).
It started to make an awful high pitched whine when under load, and after lots of investigations (2 to 3 weeks), Ford replaced the turbo

The weekend after getting the car back we noticed a nasty pungent smell in the cabin.

It is now sat back at the garage, awaiting a new transfer box as the current one weeps and in turn leaking oil onto the exhaust and is filling the car with fumes.

Westill love the Kuga, but i seem to have been lumbered with the turkey, so am hoping my next one will be much better. Just thought I'd share for your reference.

Fingers crossed our new Kuga arrives just in time for a shiny 09 plate

Edited by: ukbatman

·
Registered
368 Posts
so sorry to hear you had a very bad time with the kuga ,Lucky for me mine have only been little things wrong which you get with any new model
hopefully you will have better luck with the new one

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like a lemon indeed, and you have my sympathy. I know we often hear more about issues than praise for most things, not just cars, but I often wonder why it's so difficult to get the little things right. I seem to have been lucky so far in that I've not noticed anything wrong with my Kuga (and I'll probably regret saying that now). I was advised that it failed itsPDI tests and frankly, I was amazed the dealers spotted it. Apparently the electric mirrorcontrols were swapped left to right.

Your issues seem pretty major and the inconvenience of getting them resolved is often a bigger problem itself. I suppose it all comes down to economics...to get a perfect car every time would cost about ten times as much as we actually paid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Must have been built on friday afternoon. Hope they sort you a new one out soon

Had mine for 6 months now and like all my other fords haven't had any problems. Now where's the wood that i have to touch?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts