Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but searched a couldn't find in discussions.

Going on holiday in November and will be leaving for car at a hotel for 14 days, is there anything I should do? Worried about the 12v battery issues, I picked up the car from new in March.

Thank you, Jas

·
Registered
437 Posts
Google says:- Ideally the high-voltage battery should have a charge level between 40% and 60% when parked for a Long time. If the battery charge level is below 3 %, never park the vehicle for more than 21 days without charging the high-voltage battery.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good day all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but searched a couldn't find in discussions.

Going on holiday in November and will be leaving for car at a hotel for 14 days, is there anything I should do? Worried about the 12v battery issues, I picked up the car from new in March.

Thank you, Jas
You’ll be fine. The 12v thing (at least, afaik) was long fixed before MY22. I’ve not experienced any of the 12v issues discussed. I acquired mine in March.

I only have the 43ah battery in mine, and I’m technically abusing my 12v too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
14 days isn't a long time, it will be absolutely fine.
Besides which, even if worst case it does drain (highly unlikely) then its better it happening whilst its under warranty so you can get it to Ford and get it fixed - You can always use Ford Assist, which you have with a new car for 1 year.
But i wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response guys. You hear so many horror stories, thinking I'm beginning to worry about nothing. Like you say should be OK, if not have Ford Assist.

Thanks Jas

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line X Edition with Driver Assistance
27 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread, what about leaving the PHEV plugged in for 2 weeks? Is this OK, or not recommended at all for this long or longer? Plugged-in but not necessarily charging, if charger is timed separately or even via the FordPass schedule charge.

I think I read somewhere, the first edition Kuga PHEV, some had some issues with battery 12v draining when left plugged in for long time...or may be I'm wrong or this is fixed already on newer builds..?

·
Super Moderator
5,841 Posts
Well you’ve done it now and opened the flood gates…This may take over the thread about mk3 deliveries which is not far from the 800 mark. 🤔

·
Registered
Now: 2020 Kuga ST-Line X First Edition PHEV Then: 2016 Auto Kuga Titanium X Sport
120 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread, what about leaving the PHEV plugged in for 2 weeks? Is this OK, or not recommended at all for this long or longer? Plugged-in but not necessarily charging, if charger is timed separately or even via the FordPass schedule charge.

I think I read somewhere, the first edition Kuga PHEV, some had some issues with battery 12v draining when left plugged in for long time...or may be I'm wrong or this is fixed already on newer builds..?
Just to clarify this loooooooog ongoing 12v battery problem debate. Yes there is a fix for it and it seems to be just the 1st edition PHEVs. As far as is known, there is no 12v issues with the later models🤞Unless you know different 😱. DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a STLine X PHEV..ordered in August 21 and delivered March 22. May I say regarding the nervousness of battery drain on leaving the car for an extended period, my car was built on Jan 4th 2022 and remained in Valencia until early March awaiting shipment to UK. It arrived at Southampton and was there for 3 weeks before shipment to the dealer and I took delivery a few days after. My point is...the batteries are fine...12v as well...even after being abandoned for so long! I am leaving it for a couple of weeks at Heathrow..I'm not concerned...if a problem I'll call Ford Sure. So far the car has performed perfectly on Electric and Engine... regularly over 40miles on a full charge.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We had the 12v issue fixed last year. We left the car at Heathrow car park in March/April this year for 22 days, on our return it started with no problems. You should be fine

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,146 Posts
I'm sure it's not just me, spend £40K on a car and wonder if it's going to start after 2 weeks away. now that's what you call having confidence in a product :unsure:

·
Registered
Now: 2020 Kuga ST-Line X First Edition PHEV Then: 2016 Auto Kuga Titanium X Sport
120 Posts
I'm sure it's not just me, spend £40K on a car and wonder if it's going to start after 2 weeks away. now that's what you call having confidence in a product :unsure:
Ah, Mr D you are💯% right and exactly how I felt when the PHEV wouldn't start. That luckily was in the ago, with a bit of loooooooong thrown in for good measure. The pill was sweetened a little with a bit of compensation (or a goodwill gesture as they call it) from Mr Ford. 😁NODC😇

·
Registered
2021 Kuga Vignale 2.5 PHEV
8 Posts
We had the 12v issue fixed last year. We left the car at Heathrow car park in March/April this year for 22 days, on our return it started with no problems. You should be fine
I have the same car as you and I live with the battery issues and avoid them being a problem having learnt what they are. I've not left it for two weeks while on holiday yet though What was the fix that you had done? Mine is a second hand early 21 PHEV.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same car as you and I live with the battery issues and avoid them being a problem having learnt what they are. I've not left it for two weeks while on holiday yet though What was the fix that you had done? Mine is a second hand early 21 PHEV.
Hi Paul

If your 12v is or has been a problem ask your dealer if fix 21P02 has been installed, that is the one to stop the 12v battery drain, which is connected to charging the HV system. Also is it still the original battery as that could well be damaged, so will not hold the charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts