Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have purchased some leather seats for mu Kuga Zetec,the drivers seat is electrically operated could anyone tell me if the wiring in the Zetec is the same as the titanium.I am looking for the supply to the seat and whether it is prewired

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kugace
Purchased a complete interior from a titanium off fleabay from a rear end rightoff for a fantastic price of ---- it included everthink,plastic,centre arm rest and all.I can get rid of that awfull blue stripy bits

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all
Installed my leather interior today,pluged the drivers seat into the wiring harness and the electric adjuster works so the wiring in the z-tec is prewired for this type of extra,s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a few comments. I just changed my stripey manual cloth seats for black electric leather ones in my Kuga Mark 1. No issues at all. The original front seats were manual but the new ones are all electric. All Kuga Mark 1 2008-12 looms are the same. Recommend, before seat removal, you disconnect the seat connector blocks first (just one 10mm bolt) and check that you have the 6 individual coloured feed loom connectors needed already installed. Mine were. Do not poke or prod the connections beyond a squirt of contact cleaner since they are easily shorted out and a terrible mess would then ensue. Good idea to have the battery disconnected during the work.

The rear seats are latched at the two pivots. Use a screwdriver to fully retract the two thin metal latches rearwards against spring pressure until they lock to remove - do not lever the plastic part. One of mine needed a punch and hammer to gently persuade. Seat replacement is just a matter of insertion and a good push downwards will re-latch them. You need to install rear seats in two halves so as to access the two awkward bolts in the middle bracket.

Unsure whether Kuga 2 seats will fit the Kuga 1? The rears are a totally different shape so unlikely. No logical reason why the fronts would not fit but suggest you measure up the footings and seat width and offsets etc before purchase.

·
Registered
346 Posts
One thing I'd check if I were doing this is to confirm that you have the larger alternator to accommodate the additional load of the headed seats.. I 'think' one version is 120A (might be 100A?) the other, which comes with the heated leather, is 150A.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts