Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bought a 2012 titanium AWD on Monday.. have done about 40 miles in it.got up to go to work this morning and there's a puddle of transmission oil on the floor under the rear diff ..calling dealer later .easy fix ??or not??馃憤

Registered
Without looking it could be...
The good: The oil has been changed (the later ones are sealed units so you have to perform a bit of surgery to do it) and it has been overfilled and blowing through the breather (if there is one?)
The bad: The oil seals are shot, 2 x drive shaft 1 x input shaft. If this is the case it is a diff repair - a big job.
Been hit and damaged by a rock etc and cracked ally casing - again scrap or swap.
Internal bearings worn (not said mileage) which causes shafts to move & wear seals - refurb req.

Either way take it back and you want some pictures of inspection not a fob off. (They will be tempted to put in seal restorer additive in oil - doesn't work)
Report back and tell us how you get on.

Registered
Funny you should mention that. I changed the oil in mine the other day and noticed that the offside driveshaft oil seal is weeping slightly. I was about to look into what is involved in changing the seal. Did one on my old RX-8 and it wasn't too bad.

Bob

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing nothing myself...only had it 2 days 馃..garage said it's been serviced recently..dropping it round there tomorrow so they can have a look !馃憤

Registered
If a sealed for life unit, won't have been serviced... because 'they' say doesn't need it..

Therefore a fault of some sort.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
All done..no leaks as yet...old type new seal round filler cap?.breathers cleaned and topped with new oil馃憤..fingers crossed it's done ..mention of new casing if problem persists ..all covered by warranty ..thanks for comments and help馃槣

Registered
Funny you should mention that. I changed the oil in mine the other day and noticed that the offside driveshaft oil seal is weeping slightly. I was about to look into what is involved in changing the seal. Did one on my old RX-8 and it wasn't too bad.

Bob
I did this very thing on my Kuga Bob... very slight dampness around the offside seal so bought a replacement online for aorund 拢20 and had a local garage change her out.. been 100% ever since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts