Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Leaking Roof

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Happyarry 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here so I apologies if this has already been asked.

I have 2016 Kuga (Titanium X Sport). I started noticing a damp smell building a few weeks ago, and over the last week during the heavy rain I found I have a leak in the roof (with a wet passenger seat and a swimming pool). I've seen a lot on Google suggesting this isn't a rare thing and the fault can be duff seals on the roof rail screws. I have roof rails factory fitted. I've seen clips on removing the rails and applying sealant to the hole, the screws and washers, but I can't get the rails off to start with. The front cover\cap is a hard plastic that doesn't want to move. Has any body else managed to remove it \ fix it or needed to go into a garage?

I'm not shy about fixing it (mainly because I can't afford garage costs to strip the interior) but worry i'm going to snap something and cost more.

Thanks

#4 ·
Yeah, thats the video I've seen but struggling to get the covering caps off (1:39). I've tried the same method as seen here but ended up chipping the cap. Thankfully I went from the inside edge so generally can't be seen.
My rails are all silver but I can't see that making any difference, the rails in the video look to be the same style as mine other than colour.

#6 ·
Makes you wonder how many millions ford made by not using the correct sealant. I think with all the issues of MK1 and MK2 leaks there is enough information for watchdog to look into the problem and see what ford have to say whether the car is within its warranty or not. Things like this are really poor design flaws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.