Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium Phev
35 Posts
Just booked mine for oil pan and windscreen recalls and was quoted 2 hours for oil pan, some components have to be removed for work to be done, and 40 minutes for windscreen.
Dealer picking car up and bringing it back so I expect they will have for most of day.

·
Registered
2022 ST-Line X PHEV
4 Posts
Does anyone know what the fix entails? The Ford email states:

Your Ford dealer will make some small changes to the vehicle which will significantly increase the air flow and prevent the accumulation of oil in the under shield in the event of an engine block breakage. These changes will have no impact on your vehicle’s operation or performance, the work will take approximately one hour to complete during a while-you-wait appointment.
The idea of significantly increasing the air flow raises the thought they might be intending to change the grill, which would have a major impact on the vehicle's appearance. It would be nice to know this isn't what they are intending to do.

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Does anyone know what the fix entails? The Ford email states:

The idea of significantly increasing the air flow raises the thought they might be intending to change the grill, which would have a major impact on the vehicle's appearance. It would be nice to know this isn't what they are intending to do.
The fix is drilling three holes in the under tray and removing three of the radiator shutter blinds to prevent an accumulation of oil should the crankshaft 'let go' and punch through the side of the block, That's it.

·
Registered
ford kuga st x line 2.5 FHEV 2022 model
15 Posts
defective conrod from shearing and smashing the engine to bits. Ford are applying a sticking plaster fix hoping that the engine will last till its warranty expires then we will end up with a 10K bill for replacement engine (mind you it wont catch fire just leak the oils all over the floor) you have 6 months from new to reject a significantly defected vehicle and Ford have admitted in writing that they know of this defect. I can see another ''ECOBOOST'' engine scenario all over again with owners left footing HUGE bills. In my opinion (if your car was bought new and not over 6 month ago) Do not let them pee about drilling holes REJECT the car. If enough people do it its gunna hurt them ... Use defective parts/shoddy workmanship then pay the price. If Ford fail to accept my rejection then national media will be involved I will keep you posted

·
Registered
ford kuga st x line 2.5 FHEV 2022 model
15 Posts
The fix is drilling three holes in the under tray and removing three of the radiator shutter blinds to prevent an accumulation of oil should the crankshaft 'let go' and punch through the side of the block, That's it.
This will not fix a defective mechanical part ... its a sticking plaster bodge job... NOT HAPPENING to My car!

·
Registered
2021 ST Line PHEV Solar Silver
89 Posts
Just rang local Ford dealer to book mine in , said they are awaiting a " Special Tool " which should be with them next week and will contact me after it arrives .

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've put this under 'latest recall' as it contains two recalls my Kuga is waiting for.
1. Underhood Fires. I've got the car booked in for the 10th as that is the earliest they can do it.
2. E-Call system. While on the phone to my dealer about another unconnected matter (not car related) was informed that ford had told them that a new module, and other parts, are now available for the E-Call system recall. They ordered my part(s) on 4th and they say, according to Ford, delivery to the garage within 3 days. (We'll wait and see). Ford want the faulty parts returned to them. If all goes according to plan I should get both repairs done at the same time.
Q. Are we going to get the all the facilities with the new modules that we had on the old ones before they failed?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
defective conrod from shearing and smashing the engine to bits. Ford are applying a sticking plaster fix hoping that the engine will last till its warranty expires then we will end up with a 10K bill for replacement engine (mind you it wont catch fire just leak the oils all over the floor) you have 6 months from new to reject a significantly defected vehicle and Ford have admitted in writing that they know of this defect. I can see another ''ECOBOOST'' engine scenario all over again with owners left footing HUGE bills. In my opinion (if your car was bought new and not over 6 month ago) Do not let them pee about drilling holes REJECT the car. If enough people do it its gunna hurt them ... Use defective parts/shoddy workmanship then pay the price. If Ford fail to accept my rejection then national media will be involved I will keep you posted
I think it better you don't rant about defective conrods when that is actually not an issue. There are several engine types involved in different models and the recall is for in the unlikely event the engine fails. The failure rate is extremely low (7 in 100,000 I believe) and there is absolutely no reason to reject the car. A recall is not a seriously defective vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
It's actually the same 2.5 Atkins cycle petrol engine in both the PHEV and the FHEV.

The projected failure rate is 17 in every 100,000 which is exceptionally low (actually over 12 times better that the supposedly ultra reliable Honda).

Personally, I think that I might notice a con rod coming through the block well before the leaking oil caught fire.

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
I think the inference was, the con rod isn’t the issue.
The do make a notable noise tho when failure takes place, a slight tapping noise can be heard and a gentle slowing down of forward motion may be noticed.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts