Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from Ford asking me to book in to the dealer to have the under hood fire issue dealt with. Apparently an hours job, and can wait for it.

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
248 Posts
Does it only affect 2022 models and is it just PHEVs?
In part, the emails said...

"We have informed authorities and our dealers in Europe about this potential issue which affects Kuga vehicles with a 2.5L Duratec FHEV/PHEV engine that were built between Aug 2, 2019, and June 13, 2022, in Valencia, Spain."

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just had my email as well. 5 mins ago. I recall down 1 (E-Call system to go).

·
Registered
2021 Ford Kuga ST-Line Edition PHEV
26 Posts
Just had the email too. Booked in to local Ford in a months time, earliest they could do it.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV ST Line X First Edition
12 Posts
Received email today, following issue being raised on this forum I have already had recall carried out at my local dealer. I have emailed Ford to query durability of engine, under hood fire or not, it’s not good form for engine to let go in this manner! Will keep you posted on any word back from Ford!

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Ford claim a projected fail rate of 17 in 100,000 engines. Not good, given that Honda had ONE failure in 6,000,000 VTEC engines

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing yet.
For your info. Ford email says:
"We have informed authorities and our dealers in Europe about this potential issue which affects Kuga vehicles with a 2.5L Duratec FHEV/PHEV engine that were built between Aug 2, 2019, and June 13, 2022, in Valencia, Spain"

Reactions: NigelB

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Cheers, I actually stated the first recall thread😉

I should have said that I haven't had my recall notice yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had mine today. They want the car for a day, when asked why the reply was that there were two recalls, one for the fire problem and the other for the emergency call system.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Got mine, phoned dealer to book it in, receptionist says they will need the car all day, I said it says it will take about an hour in the email, oh yes, but they need to remove a lot of things to get to it she says.......so its not an hour then I said....pause....no....lol

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Extrapolate the Ford figure and it is 1020 engines in 6,000,000. I would prefer the Honda figure TBH.

But it is an incredibly low figure all the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got ours at lunchtime,. wife just forwarded to me :D

Will see what booking times are tomorrow.
Booked in, they want the car for most of the day. So I think the work is more than the quoted hour. Especiay once we add in any software update not available OTA for the fuel fill up issues I have reported on another chat. Also the recently very loud and noisy AC fan on warm startups.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts