Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2019 st line and had a system update which went fine think it is version 21020 via USB.
Also had a map update after updating the system which I assume is F10 as already on f9. It is just over 20gb but I keep getting the lic001 error in the title. Have downloaded twice but still the same. The update starts and accept to continue and the above pops up.

I also don't get the dontindx.msa file when I extract to the usb but just created one instead. Didn't get one with the f9 update previously either but created one and worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after googling for the last few hours found another forum where a fiesta 2019 owner had the exact same issue. It turns out the download from Ford is missing a licence file and a map file. This forum had these additional files and once I had amended the autoinstall file, it is now installing fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same issue, other than may maps are F8.
I have downloaded the latest maps, included the license file and missing BAH file, but it will not update, not even an error message.
tried the automatic updates, but this simply says scanning for updates and so far has sat there for 2 hours!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did manage to install the update this way although I now have another 9.2gb update available. Looking at the files within this it hasn't installed everything. When I put the usb in it started with the pop up straight away and said updaing system software at the top.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I notice that the autoinstall.lst file had been blanked out and so I reset it.
I then get a VER_ERR can't remember the number, but when I put the memory stick in again, it said install complete.
When I look at the version numbers in my car it says I am at version 3.4.21020, but the maps are still F8.
This is madness how do Ford expect owners to update their cars?
The automatic update option simply sits there checking for an update!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installing the second 9.2gb update the first part took over an hour. The f9 update didn't take this long using the same usb drive. This update process is a shambles, missing files etc..

It is showing as F10 on the console now but it would appear not all the files installed. Haven't yet done the second part of the update mentioned above. Can't face sitting in the car for an unknown amount of time waiting. I was using a 128gb usb3 stick. Gonna try a different one, so ordered one mentioned on here which is usb3 so I assume the car doesn't use usb3?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
Very late last night, I downloaded fresh versions of the BK and BAH files. these are the ones missing on the Ford download. The install list had already been updated.
I also generated a blank DONTINDX.MSA file in the root of the mem stick.
Anyway when I tried the update again, it appeared to run OK. I sat in the car at midnight for an hour and 20 minutes, but it didn't complete, and an irate wife persuaded me to give up.
Anyway, started the car this morning and it said Update sucessfull!
Checked the versions and they are all updated, maps even at F10.
BUT, I don't think it has done anything other than update the version numbers!
There is no log file on the memory stick. If I reinsert it it starts the update all over again.
I just don't have a couple of hours to sit in the car to see if it actually completes this time.

the autoinstall.lst file is as follows;

; SYNC3 Consumer Application Upgrade - Release 3.4.54 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.21020_PRODUCT]
Item1 = 1U5T-14G424-BK
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G424-BK.tar.gz
Item2 = 1U5T-14G421-BAH
Open2 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BAH.tar.gz
Item3 = 1U5T-14G421-BCH
Open3 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BCH.tar.gz
Item4 = 1U5T-14G421-BDH
Open4 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BDH.tar.gz
Item5 = 1U5T-14G421-BEH
Open5 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BEH.tar.gz
Item6 = 1U5T-14G421-BFH
Open6 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BFH.tar.gz
Item7 = 1U5T-14G421-BGH
Open7 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BGH.tar.gz
Item8 = 1U5T-14G421-BHH
Open8 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BHH.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.21020]
Item1 = 1U5T-14G421-BJH
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BJH.tar.gz
Item2 = 1U5T-14G421-BBH
Open2 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BBH.tar.gz
Item3 = 4U5T-14G422-BAF
Open3 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BAF.tar.gz
Item4 = 4U5T-14G422-BBF
Open4 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BBF.tar.gz
Item5 = 4U5T-14G422-BCF
Open5 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BCF.tar.gz
Item6 = 4U5T-14G422-BDF
Open6 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BDF.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AD
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AD.tar.gz
Item2 = LU5T-14G386-CA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\LU5T-14G386-CA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

·
Registered
11 Posts
here are photo's to show the versions now being reported, but as I said not at all convinced that they are actually what is on the car. Does anyone know how to validate I have MAPs version F10?

·
Registered
11 Posts
forgot to mention, Auto-updates has now been switched off on the car, and I cant enable it anymore!

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,638 Posts
If it shows F10 on that screen, then that's what you have.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Auto updates is greyed out on mine too. I also didn't have the log file but downloaded the tool on the troubleshooting menu and put it in the car and it generated one. It then showed I had a 9.2gb update which had some of the files from the update I had previously tried. Not sure if these hadn't installed originally. Tried this yesterday and it took 1 hr 20 mins before it came up you have completed the first part. Started the second part and it came up with you are updating the maps and some other items and could take an hour so I gave up. Might try again tonight. Not sure why it is taking so long as the usb stick has fast speeds over usb3 and 3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know there is this alternative method but my car is currently on PCP and don't want to risk doing it the alternative way at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Success!!!!!!
So, I took my wife to an appointment and so started the install again.
After 90 minutes, it came back saying that a key recycle was needed. So turned car off and back on again.
After a further 10 minutes it said the install was successful I could remove the USB stick and the install would complete on the next restart of the car.
The USB stick had the log file on it and the autoinstall.lst file was renamed to autoinstall.bak

It seems to me to be rediculous that you have to keep the car running for 90 minutes, or as I did, un for 20 minutes, turn it off, stay in the car for 5 minutes and then start it up for another 20 minutes, simply to stop the system from shutting down and having to start all over again.
Can't ford produce an update that recognises an update is in progress and keep the sync system from shutting down?

@anspendka, OK so if it says its version x then it must be version x, but it clearly didn't work properly.

@Maddogsss, I sent the log file to Ford, and then checked for further updates. It said I was fully up to date now, so can only assume you have had the same issues as me, and that you need to get all the files in the list I supplied above installed all the way through to getting a log file generated. Best of Luck,

By the way Auto Update is available again. So I assume if it doesn't think a manual upddate has completed properly it greys this option out.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,638 Posts
If you're going to @ me, then maybe you should spell my name right :rolleyes:

Yes of course it was that version, if you got the information in the photo's above, it can't possibly be anything else. It only reads it from the Sync APIM.

You've basically done the same update twice, there's nothing on the USB that would stop it from updating again because for some reason it didn't change the autoinstall.lst file to the .bak file the first time you ran it. That's why the clunky Ford method is so bad, it can't even follow its own set of steps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry, where is the troubleshooting menu. don't need it now, but for the future. I can't find it on the page or within the community
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page where you upload your log file. Click that and it has instructions to download.

I am still having issues when I first start the update I get the do you want to do the update and you can't use voice commands and it could take an hour screen. After an hour or so I get the first part complete and I need to key cycle. I switch off car and shut the door and lock it. Wait s few minutes and I get the same screen as before about it could take an hour. Did you get this @miles5759 ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No I didn't.
I simply recycled the key, and when I switched back on, after a few minutes it said it was doing a system update again.
But this time after about 10 minutes it said I could remove the usb stick as it had finished, but would need me to restart the car. I've never got a message saying how long it could take! If I had I probably would have given up! :)
you do seem to be getting a few different messages to me.
All very odd, not a consistent experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am now getting the mem error 01 as I have probably tried to many times and the memory is full up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I updated to version 3.4 21020 and the dumb thing does not load the file to report back to Ford.
I have on USB AFTER downloading to car:
interlog_20210604110633
interlog_20210604110809
SyncMyRide
autoinstall.bak (1 Kb)
DONTINDX.MSA (0 Kb)

When I plug the Memory Stick back into the laptop, it says download failed, but all seems to be there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts