Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I applied lanoguard to the main suspension components late last year on my kuga avoiding the brake discs ! , it is very easy to apply and the whole process was quick the only downside the company recommend applying it annually but I suppose it depends on the area and exposure to salt ,mud etc .you tube is a good source of information plus lanoguard website , It is a lot easier than waxoyl , hope everyone keeping well .

Attachments

Super Moderator
Early last year I sprayed mine with wd40 as the rust so quick on the edges. But it washes off quick.

On a previous mk2 I put it on some ramps and used wire wool then sprayed gloss smooth Hammerite.
Intend to do the same this year on the Vignale. It gave a long lasting result.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
WD40 is water based so easy to wash off, like the paint on the underneath of the Kuga lol. Years ago there were companies who used to do a underneath steam clean and underseal. I think they need to come back as I got a bit of a shock when I crawled under mine a few months back.

Reactions: Old wethy 2021

Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
If you want to apply undebody protection on a few years old car it's a lot of work. Brushing down rust, applying rust converter and then spray / paint final protective coat. I did it on my car, but I used products from Noxudol. On suspension parts Noxudol 1600 and for chassis Noxudol Autoplastone.
Any products will be good if you prepare surface properly.

Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
I was looking at Lanoguard a while back, it looks good stuff to be fair.

I watch a few South Main Auto clips on YouTube and you can see the problem with normal thick underseal, if water gets under it through stone damage etc it just sits there and rots the metal underneath.

If you want to apply undebody protection on a few years old car it's a lot of work. Brushing down rust, applying rust converter and then spray / paint final protective coat. I did it on my car, but I used products from Noxudol. On suspension parts Noxudol 1600 and for chassis Noxudol Autoplastone.
Any products will be good if you prepare surface properly.
Did you use it after you replaced your rear discs and pads.

Mr Modification
Did you use it after you replaced your rear discs and pads.
Noo. I did it over 2 years ago. Autoplastone -it's quite soft on bitumen based, not so durable for stone chips -already gone on edges in main rear suspension beam :confused:
On this big arm where spring is sitting I used 1600, when it dries it's much more durable than plastone.

Automotive tire Outdoor shoe Bumper Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

Reactions: smartguy69

Super Moderator
Morning Kugonains.

I dropped down to B n Q this morning and whilst walking back to the Vignale Diesel馃挭, I noticed what I have on all my previous models.

The rear suspension beam and other bits had what looked like a lot of surface rust.

On the other Kugas I have had, it has been sorted with a one off, up on the ramps, rub down and treatment with some smooth Hammerite.

I know there are exposed to all sorts but for a 4 year old car and with the top part looking pretty pristine and cared for, the lower half looks like a poor cousin.

The weather isn鈥檛 conducive to any attention at the moment other than a good spraying of WD40. Yes I know it鈥檒l wash away but it make it look better for the moment and offers someif little protection.

I鈥檝e read and looked at the spray wax mentioned, was it 鈥淟inoguard鈥. Looks good.

When I was a fitter at the bus company, the electricians has a spray wax, in a very tall tin (name unknown). It sprayed out like a honey coloured runny syrup. But set quickly into a thick water proof wax鈥.the only issue was, once set, it attracted dirt that would stick then build up.

Anyway, have a great Sunday.

Mr Modification
The biggest problem is a rust and it have to be removed before apply any treatment. In some places it's impossible to get in with brush, so sandblasting or removing parts is necessary.
Factory black paint last under year :ROFLMAO:

Registered
It depends where you live, my Kuga is 5 1/2 years old, and the under side is pristine, it still has all the black paint.
I do live at the edge of a desert.

Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
It depends where you live, my Kuga is 5 1/2 years old, and the under side is pristine, it still has all the black paint.

On that point about where it lives, obviously a desert in OZ is an extreme but I've an August 2017 Titanium that spent it's first few years in Liverpool area and it's still very clean underneath hardly any rust mostly still all black painted. But our November 2016 Zetec that spent its first few years in Kilmarnock area almost looks like it's made of rust underneath!
Think up here in Scotland there is more corrosive salt and grit spread on the road more of the time so could explain the difference. The hunter 4 wheel alignment guy I use reckons cars from down south he sees usually generally cleaner underneath for that reason.
Kilmarnock and Liverpool not exactly other side of the world from each other but it's a marked difference between the two cars and less than a year difference in age, in fact the older one with more rust underneath has done less miles.

Reactions: Psshaw

Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
On this point actually,
Anyone here any experience of something called Dinitrol?
Intend to keep vehicle long term so looked into it a while back and I thought I might look at this place https://preserveprotect.co.uk/about-us/ when weather improves.
No affiliation to them or anything and haven't ever used them so can't recommend or anything like that, just wondering if anyone else has had similar done to their vehicle in the past with any insights whether worth it or not.

I noticed when watching Wheeler Dealers when they are in the USA how good the cars are underneath. I guess that depends on which state but mine is extremely rusty underneath. I think other European countries get a higher spec of underbody protection but we should get that in the UK too.

A bit of English ignorance coming your way.....Doesn't everyone in Oz either live at the edge of a desert or next to the ocean.

Registered
I noticed when watching Wheeler Dealers when they are in the USA how good the cars are underneath. I guess that depends on which state but mine is extremely rusty underneath. I think other European countries get a higher spec of underbody protection but we should get that in the UK too.

A bit of English ignorance coming your way.....Doesn't everyone in Oz either live at the edge of a desert or next to the ocean.
Not everyone, but the majority do live as you described.
I actually live in McLaren Vale, which is a good wine region and I'm only 15 minutes from the beach.
If you travel 1 hour North you will start going into very dry land.
No salt used on our roads, and it hardly ever rains.

Reactions: smartguy69
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.