Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2013 TDCI 2.0 163bhp 4x4, has gone into limp mode due to soot accumulation.
I paid a guy to come out and clear the DPF out which i wish i hadnt done, as now my car is in limp mode.
I checked a few things using ForScan and it says that the DPF cant regenerate as it detects it isnt hot enough.
So we had a look at the PIDs for voltage and readings from the sensors and noticed that my lambda / o2 sensor has no voltage, so maybe this was the issue in the first place unless it has no voltage unless its moving?
Second is my DPF sensor has no voltage also, but the person that came to clean the dpf did say i needed a new one of those now.
So, with no voltage coming from either of these parts i am going to change them.
I have checked lots of car sites for a dpf sensor and keep coming up with a dpf sensor that looks like its from a mk1, that attaches to the side of a battery. Mine has no such part on it, so I checked the forums here and on one forum they talk about this sensor being on the dpf itself at the side with one tube and one electrical connector. That comes up in searches as being for a 2014 - 2016 part number 1882895 which appears to be a sensor but nothing mentioned about it being a dpf sensor. could someone clarify this for me. I want to check before i start taking parts off.

I did call ford but they said it sounded like it needed a new dpf which wasnt cheap! I dont want to go there if the route cause happens to be the lambda sensor.

Lastly, where is the lambda / o2 sensor, doesnt look like i can get there from the engine bay, looking underneath it may be accessible if i take the tray off the bottom.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
371 Posts
What temperature is actually being recorded by the sensor? And what pressure are you seeing?

When mine failed a regen it was a faulty (blocked) fuel vaporiser. Without the fuel being injected the DPF won't get hot enough.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I did think that it would be the fuel vaporiser at first so I took a look at where it was located, then thought I’d look at other things it might be first. My problems are all the same as the post you added to your reply, I don’t have the details as I didn’t save them but given the info I will change the dpf and see if that helps then change the vaporiser, at least I have a step by step guide :)
I’m still not sure about the oxygen sensor returning 0 volts on forscan pid though, maybe something to look at afterwards

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
There was a post in here from someone who had a similar problem to you and it was the oxygen sensor. I would try replacing that part first before you go to the expense of a new dpf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did mean the DPF sensor sorry.
Looks like the lambda sensor is in a difficult to reach place, do you know of a procedure at all to get at it?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No luckily I haven't needed to find it but I will see if I can find the post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts