Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Hope you can help me. I am from South Africa I have a Kuga 2015 auto, keyless module. Car doesn't want to start, checked all the fuses boxes, no problem. Changed the car battery and the batteries in the keys. Still no success.
Please Help

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You have to give us more information.
What were the first symptoms, was it a flat battery or did you run out of fuel, is the car petrol or diesel, manual or auto.
Please reply.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all. Please I need help, Kuga 2015, stop/start keyless auto.
Replaced the SRS module, now car doesn't want to start, launcher shows" steering column locked" BUT steering wheel still turns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car came in due to an airbag light being on.
Petrol and it is automatic.
We only reprogrammed the SRS ECU, now it doesn't want to start.
Launcher shows " steering column locked" BUT the steering wheel can turn.
We checked all the fuses nothing wrong there. We changed the battery and the fob's batteries. Still no success.
Car locks/unlocks with fob.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As you have the equipment to reprogram the SRS ECU, does that not show you what the issues are?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,556 Posts
Hi all. Please I need help, Kuga 2015, stop/start keyless auto.
Replaced the SRS module, now car doesn't want to start, launcher shows" steering column locked" BUT steering wheel still turns.
You need to buy yourself a ford compatible OBD reader (ELM 327), download Forscan and see what error codes are on your car. You cannot just go and replace modules and then not clear the error codes.

Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch : Buy Online at Best Price in KSA - Souq is now Amazon.sa: Automotive

or cheaper one here, but I would go for the Vgate Vlinker as it doesn't have the changeover switch.

OHP Tools | Shop FORScan OBD2 Adapter and Diagnostic Scan Tools — OHP Store
Automotive tire Product Tire Camera lens Camera accessory

And free software here Download FORScan

Reactions: problemcar

·
10,556 Posts
I have moved this to the mk2 technical section as this isn't an introduction.

@problemcar - You have another post which also discusses that you have changed a module which appears to be connected so I have brought that here.

·
Super Moderator
6,919 Posts
It just made me smile…They ask, we reply and maybe resolve it and they charge 🤷‍♂️

·
10,556 Posts
So we are now a “go to” site for garages…interesting 🤷‍♂️
I should be on commission for Vgate and OHP lol.

Remember that if some Ford garages logged on here they may expand their knowledge lol.

Reactions: davidoff

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,878 Posts
@bernie b you have posted in MK 2 technical,,I see that you have a MK3 one of the mods will be able to put it in the correct section for you…also could you put your kuga details in your signature it then saves you repeating your self when you need help in the future 👍

1 - 18 of 18 Posts