Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have managed to pair my Sony Ericsson c902 mobile and my wife's Nokia N82, however I am having some problems.

Any idea with the Nokia N82 why I can make calls from the Kuga but when anybody tries to call my wife on the Nokia N82 in the Kuga it goes straight to the answerphone?

Also on both the Sony Ericsson c902 and on the Nokia N82 how do you transfer or use the phonebook stored in your mobile phone? As when I say 'Dial Name' it comes back with directory empty?

Any ideas on both the problems above?

TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heres a couple of pointers;

The 'say dial name' feature - requires you to store names and numbers within the cars memory - it does not use the numbers in the phone (the handbook will tell you how to do this)

As for the N92 - there may be a phone setting that sends 'handsfree' straight to the answerphone - but not too sure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nubby

Thanks for the reply. Which handbook tells you how to do this (the Kuga's handbook or the handbook for the mobile phone)

I thought the 'dial name' feature would pick up the names automatically from your phone rather than having to transfer each contact from each of the mobile phones (i.e. mine by wifes etc)into the Kuga's memory?

I'm sure I read somewhere that for the directory feature to work the contact's on your phone need to be saved to the phone and not the sim for the directory feature to work? Is this correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
the directory in the radio works on voice recognition and you have to teach it, if both of you call the same person usually you will both have to create your own entry because it will only recognise your voice, so when you say 'directory-call name, it looks in the radio for verbal name entries.

your phone directory can load into the radio depending on your phones compatibility but you need to navigate it using the buttons on the radio (if the same as the sony unit) this does not work via voice control.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I have Bluetooth but the 6000 CD radio, does this make a difference?

How do you sync the directory on the phones (Sony Ericsson C902 and Nokia N82) with the Kuga so I can access the phonebook without having to actually speak out each number I wish to dial. When I say 'dial name' it comes back with directory empty?

Any ideas or tips on how to do the above?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You will have to read the manual but to create your 'voice directory' you need to say something like....Phone.....store name......say name, it will then ask for a number, tell it the number, zero, one, two, three etc, the radio prompts you what to do.

like i said above, your phones directory you may be able to find by pressing 'phone' on the radio then menu on the radio.

Your phones directory contents cannot be called up by telling the radio your contacts name, as i said it's 'voice' recognition and you need to tell the radio 'Bob' then when prompted tell it his number, the only way i know to view your phones directory is through the buttons on the radio.

That is why it says directory empty, it's looking for the voice directory you create not the one stored on yer phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.