Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

First time poster so be gentle. I'm at my wits end at the moment and am looking to see if anyone else seems to have any related issues / advice ?

My car is on a lease, so no easy, "just sell it option".

The problems I've had / am still having :-

1) interior 'mood' lights used to come on flashing like a flipping disco. Was resolved by dealer by doing a 'master reset'
2) font left parking sensor intermittently comes on, while driving, with nothing in front - very intermittent
3) GPS goes off (red circle and line through GPS icon). Happens randomly, once or twice a month.
4) The biggie - the boot is powered and has the "kick sensor". Trouble is quite often simply walking past the boot will randomly open it. Also if open taking things in and out of the boot it will randomly close on you (had various bits replaced by dealer - design fault maybe ?)

Car's been back to the dealer at least 8 times over a 8 month period. Issues still persist. Have complained to the dealer (Evans Halshaw in Burnley) and the lease company to get rid of the car and out of the lease, but as the faults are intermittent the dealer is now taking the stance of 'what faults, we've never seen them", despite sending videos of the issues and them trying to 'fix' them.

So, has anyone had any of the issues above. And anyone got any advice on how to get out of a lease due to the dealer failing to fix / accept faults ?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sounds like the three parts (parking sensor, antenna and kick sensor) should be tested and probably replaced (under warranty, most likely). Prior to this, connections and cabling should also be checked, but they should probably be OK.

Kick sensor might have been slightly dislodged by road debris, so should be checked for correct alignment first...

Reactions: NigelB

·
Super Moderator
917 Posts
From the comments in this and other forums about Evans Halshaw, try another dealer. The car is still under manufacturer's warranty, and should be fixed... I'm not in the area, but hopefully someone can recommend another dealer. Failing that, moan to Ford Customer Service. From comments on this and other Ford model forums, that can be a trial in itself, but you also have the right to call in the leasing company. As a finance company,they have an obligation to you as well.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,003 Posts
I have same intermittent problem with parking sensors ( always front end), been checked by dealer and as usual no fault found, other forum members have also commented on this fault

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the three parts (parking sensor, antenna and kick sensor) should be tested and probably replaced (under warranty, most likely). Prior to this, connections and cabling should also be checked, but they should probably be OK.

Kick sensor might have been slightly dislodged by road debris, so should be checked for correct alignment first...
Issue is the dealer has had over 8 attempts to fix the issues. They are now claiming there are no faults (usual crappy dealer response), even though I've given them video evidence of each issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the comments in this and other forums about Evans Halshaw, try another dealer. The car is still under manufacturer's warranty, and should be fixed... I'm not in the area, but hopefully someone can recommend another dealer. Failing that, moan to Ford Customer Service. From comments on this and other Ford model forums, that can be a trial in itself, but you also have the right to call in the leasing company. As a finance company,they have an obligation to you as well.
I'm in touch with the lease company - they claim to be piggy in the middle as unless the dealer accepts there is a fault, they can't do anything as "officially" there's nothing wrong with the car. Ford Fleet are involved but again claim that without the dealer confirming the fault, they can do nothing.

Will be trying another dealer and \ or requesting a Ford UK technician get invovled

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have same intermittent problem with parking sensors ( always front end), been checked by dealer and as usual no fault found, other forum members have also commented on this fault
It's kind of good to hear someone else has had the parking sensor issue - at least I know it's not just me. Might add weight to the process if others have the same issue

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,003 Posts
Here it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts