Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kuga titanium x xenon bulb replacement
Hi to all
I have a ford Kuga titanium x 2014 AWD, i have a failed drivers side xenon headlight failed dipped beam I’ve purchased 2 replacement lamps as fitted on the car , I’ve looked of how to fit them ,removed grey cover exposing base of bulb, daft question how do you get them out , hand book says refer to main dealer I have and been quoted £150.00 just to fit them absolutely daylight robbery to fit 2 lamps any help would be appreciated
Nigel

·
Super Moderator
474 Posts
Kuga titanium x xenon bulb replacement
Hi to all
I have a ford Kuga titanium x 2014 AWD, i have a failed drivers side xenon headlight failed dipped beam I’ve purchased 2 replacement lamps as fitted on the car , I’ve looked of how to fit them ,removed grey cover exposing base of bulb, daft question how do you get them out , hand book says refer to main dealer I have and been quoted £150.00 just to fit them absolutely daylight robbery to fit 2 lamps any help would be appreciated
Nigel
A few years back I had a Mondeo and a H/L bulb went... Had to remove the front bumper... Unbelievable...

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you need to get the headlights out you will have to remove the bumper skin, an hours work for first time.

Had mine off that many times now it's down to 20 mins tops..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted 2 min job I can’t believe all the people what looked at the problem didn’t know ,oh well it’s done saved me £180 what ford wanted robbing ba-tards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please can you say how you did it in a 2 min job as others have quoted removing bumper or part of it but seems there is a much easier way and we would all benefit from your experience.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove cover with spring clip on it , base of lamp with power connections at bottom,there is a black clip on the right hand side of fitting,I used a mirror to see,push down with long bladed screwdriver you will hear a click, lamp just pulls out easy job ? make sure the new lamp is seated properly,push back clip job done 2 mins
Hope this helps everyone, FORD disgracefully over charging for a simple job especially when I bought the lamps.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Remove cover with spring clip on it , base of lamp with power connections at bottom,there is a black clip on the right hand side of fitting,I used a mirror to see,push down with long bladed screwdriver you will hear a click, lamp just pulls out easy job ? make sure the new lamp is seated properly,push back clip job done 2 mins
Hope this helps everyone, FORD disgracefully over charging for a simple job especially when I bought the lamps.
I was curious about your dilemma Nigel but didn't want to post an erroneous misleading comment. When I fitted my LED main beams replacements, I managed to do it without removing the headlight (which the handbook instructs you to) and used a mirror etc.

If you have Xenon headlights and you want matching main beam but more than that, a whiter light than the almost useless existing filament lamps, try https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-led-headlight-bulbs/

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you need to get the headlights out you will have to remove the bumper skin, an hours work for first time.

Had mine off that many times now it's down to 20 mins tops..
Hi mate I've a 2015 AWD that I'm needing to take the front bumper off. Wondered if you could give me some tips? Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
Its not bad to do, undertray off, a lot of those plastic clips underneath and inside arch spats, front trim panel off (where yellow bonnet pull handle is) there a couple of screws near the headlamps (one each side iirc).

The headlight washer covers have to come off, you have to pull the washer away from the bumper slightly and slide them off (carefully!), make sure you get all the sides clipped in when refitting as they are a bit fiddly. Push the washers through the bumper skin (they are part of the headlight and stay on the car).

The arch mouldings need detaching up to the wings.

Where the wing meets the bumper on the inside theres a plastic bracket each side, remove the 3 10mm headed bolts and you have to push the clips in while pulling the bumper away from the arch (forward and down). Plastic trim tools make the job easier.

There is a big multiplug connector on the LHS clipped into the bumper, you pull the bumper out slightly and disconnect this before completely removing it.

When its all loose you need to pull forward and up, the bumper clips in under the headlights and they can be tight to remove.

20190320_140220.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts