Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I ordered a Kuga Titanium last week and the dealer advised that delivery would be 2nd week in September is this usaul?

JohnK

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know if usual, but it's probably not unusual and in the old days plants used to shut down for a few weeks in August, not sure if that still happens. Mine arrived in two weeks or so but was already built and waiting in Belguim and I was willing to make some small compromises on options for a speedy delivery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
The Titanium I have ordered is with a host of extras including 18" alloys, sat nav appearance pack parking sensors etc

·
Registered
855 Posts
When I ordered mine I was told 12 weeks which took me to the middle of September, but got phone call on Wednesday to say it is here after only 4 weeks. Hope the same happens to you Themancunian.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Mine took about 8 weeks to be built and another two weeks to arriveat dealership. The only thing I can add is that whatever the build time it's well worth the wait. This is only the second Ford I have purchased and trust me I have had lots of new cars over the last twenty years sadly the last was RedMondeo a car that was certainly built in a hurry ( Belgium? ) a week or so old when I was hoovering the rear out I discovered a large lump underthe rear carpet after removing trim I managed to tease/prise the object out, turned out to be a third of a brown cup including handle.This carwas nothing but trouble battery going flat earth leak undetectable by AA? RAC, averyirratatinggearbox whine and the most annoying a loud creaking windscreen Ford field service engineers took it away for a fortnight and then contacted us with the good? bad? news apparently they xrayed the vehicle and discovered that several spot welds which secure the front pillars wereactually missing, at that time Ford had a guarantee which if you were not 100% happy with the vehicle within a 30 day period they would refund/replace the vehicle I told them I had no confidence in Ford Motor Company GB and they refunded all my money back. Lets hope that these types of issues have been removed with todays buildtechnologies.I have to say the Kuga seems solid and well put together. Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts