Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
981 - 1000 of 1007 Posts

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Missed that bit! Thank you!
The apim isn't showing on forscan, is that where I need the asbuilt information from a model like mine with sync2 so I can use that profile? I'll have a sift for the programming info in this huge thread 😀

Thanks
T.
Or you could just check the Programming tab on the spreadsheet ;)

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
734 Posts
Missed that bit! Thank you!
The apim isn't showing on forscan, is that where I need the asbuilt information from a model like mine with sync2 so I can use that profile? I'll have a sift for the programming info in this huge thread 😀

Thanks
T.
If you not see APIM it might be the problem with your interface. When you connect your car wirh Foracan click on the modules on the first page. You should see them in both speeds MS-CAN and HS-CAN
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Operating system

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
THIS IS IMPORTANT @Tommi182

When you start to make the lead up to go from sync 2 to usb hub, your pin 1 is incorrect on your post number 969 as there is a massive typo in the spreadsheet you have got / done.

PIN 1 should be PIN 11

Sync 2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, think I have something wired up wrong somewhere. Got it all working, went for a drive, engine stalled and wouldn't restart until I pulled everything, didn't have my laptop so couldn't gwt fault codes immediately.

Think there must have been a short circuit somewhere.

The dashboard was like Blackpool illuminations 😑

Back to the drawing board!

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
734 Posts
Well, think I have something wired up wrong somewhere. Got it all working, went for a drive, engine stalled and wouldn't restart until I pulled everything, didn't have my laptop so couldn't gwt fault codes immediately.

Think there must have been a short circuit somewhere.

The dashboard was like Blackpool illuminations 😑

Back to the drawing board!
You are brave man. I checked my wiring loom 2 times first after all wires was extended and second time by multimeter after soldering. Anyway I will check it again before I will fit it in the car. Take a time do it once but properly.
(i. e. constantly counting wires from left to right, mirror reflection between plug and APIM socket)

·
7,742 Posts
You are brave man. I checked my wiring loom 2 times first after all wires was extended and second time by multimeter after soldering. Anyway I will check it again before I will fit it in the car. Take a time do it once but properly.
(i. e. constantly counting wires from left to right, mirror reflection between plug and APIM socket)
Same here, I checked twice. All wires good and I even checked that none of the pins were loose.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Mr Modification
734 Posts
That's right we have to be sure of wiring. If they are 100% good you know the any fault will be from wrong programming.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
39 Posts
I checked all the connections, they are crimped and heat wrapped, think it may have been the connector block I put in today for the fcim connections. I'll get the multimeter out tomorrow!

Just wondering also, I get a tpms warning on the steering wheel screen, will I be able to iron this out with programming when (if) I get the wiring right?

Again, thank you all for the help, this is a wonderful forum! 👍

·
7,742 Posts
Was your TPMS warning there before.

• Wow
Reactions: davidoff

·
7,742 Posts
Though you didn't like acronyms.
I don't in the work environment. It's like when you start a new job and people use acronyms that are work related and they know full well that you don't have a clue as to what they are on about. Car related stuff is different as most of us know what we are on about and the acronym becomes the name for the product or system, but even then we find we need to explain to new Kuga owners what things like BMS is.

Reactions: davidoff

·
7,742 Posts
Nope :s

(Sorry for the acronym)
Acronyms are fine for the Kuga lol. It's some of the other ones I don't know or can't remember.

Your TPMS will be down to your APIM isn't programmed to your car yet.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Automatic
29 Posts
@Joe Z - Reference your microphone problem. I have gone back to post #883 where you had everything working apart from beepers. Whatever you changed from there has knocked the microphone off. I know the changes you made were under advice.

Have you done a master reset of the sync system since applying the changes.

Also can you confirm what setting you have here;

1. APIM - 7D0-01-02 First digit
2. ACM - 727-01-01 First digit - I believe this is a 9 as advised

3. Original ACM from sync 1 - 727-01-01 First digit
Its been a bit crazy at work so have had very little time for this Kuga project.

@smartguy69 To answer your questions.

yes I have reset the Sync 3 after applying the changes

with regards to the settings below is the string for each

1. APIM - 7D0-01-02 First digit --- 0A2E
2. ACM - 727-01-01 First digit - I believe this is a 9 as advised ---- 9D01.

for the ACM settings I did change the second string to 2C08 as things still was not working before but that solved it. I think you had found something similar.

3. Original ACM from sync 1 - 727-01-01 First digit was 0.

Something I have not tried is to put the Sync 1 ACM back in and see if that works. but given that involves dismantling quite a bit its not top of the list at the moment.

Again as always thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I think I am going to give up on the sync2 retrofit.
I keep having catastrophic failures so much that I get abs warnings and allsorts, then the engine stalls and cannot be restarted until the fault codes are cleared. have checked all my cables are in the right place, checked cable integrity and tried systematically removing components to check them and it still happens. If any part of the sync2 system is connected, the car stalls.

I'm having to go back to sync1.1, so if anyone is selling a fcdim with nav, I'm in the market for for one!

Thanks for all your help guys!
Tom.

·
Mr Modification
734 Posts
Well, I think I am going to give up on the sync2 retrofit.
I keep having catastrophic failures so much that I get abs warnings and allsorts, then the engine stalls and cannot be restarted until the fault codes are cleared. have checked all my cables are in the right place, checked cable integrity and tried systematically removing components to check them and it still happens. If any part of the sync2 system is connected, the car stalls.

I'm having to go back to sync1.1, so if anyone is selling a fcdim with nav, I'm in the market for for one!

Thanks for all your help guys!
Tom.
That's sad to hear you surrender. I will recommend to give yourself some more time for searching. If connection to new sync unit cause fault it means your wiring is wrong.
But anyway it's your choice. I have a sat nav with a small screen, but it's usless. It's to small to confortable using also route choice isn't the best, (update maps doesn't help a lot)
When I receive from China rest plugs and wires I will start to retrofit and in near future I will have FCDIM with nav for sale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's sad to hear you surrender. I will recommend to give yourself some more time for searching. If connection to new sync unit cause fault it means your wiring is wrong.
But anyway it's your choice. I have a sat nav with a small screen, but it's usless. It's to small to confortable using also route choice isn't the best, (update maps doesn't help a lot)
When I receive from China rest plugs and wires I will start to retrofit and in near future I will have FCDIM with nav for sale.
Can i have dibs on the fcdim? 😁😁😁
They are all CRAZY money on ebay 😔

T.

·
7,742 Posts
@Tommi182 - did you go to sync 2. If so did you connect into GPSM as that maybe your problem if you have either connected to wrong wires on GPSM module of if you have connected to wrong pins on APIM.

Loads of people have done this conversion across all ford ranges so the fault has to be somewhere on your wiring connections. Don't feel too bad as it is so easy to get wrong. At some point I may do a proper diagram which shows the face of the APIM plug and the back of the plug as when you turn it around pin 1 for example can become pin 18. You need to have a datum point which I used the sync unit when I did mine as it shows pin number in the corner. I also labelled my lead with pin numbers are where they needed to connect to. The picture below shows my main lead.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Tommi182 - did you go to sync 2. If so did you connect into GPSM as that maybe your problem if you have either connected to wrong wires on GPSM module of if you have connected to wrong pins on APIM.

Loads of people have done this conversion across all ford ranges so the fault has to be somewhere on your wiring connections. Don't feel too bad as it is so easy to get wrong. At some point I may do a proper diagram which shows the face of the APIM plug and the back of the plug as when you turn it around pin 1 for example can become pin 18. You need to have a datum point which I used the sync unit when I did mine as it shows pin number in the corner. I also labelled my lead with pin numbers are where they needed to connect to. The picture below shows my main lead.
I hadn't connected the GPSM, mine is a sat nav so I ran it straight into a gps antenna, is that where I've gone wrong?
If so, where are the gpsm wires? Do I have to remove the entire dash?
Thanks.
T

·
Mr Modification
734 Posts
Can i have dibs on the fcdim? 😁😁😁
They are all CRAZY money on ebay 😔

T.
Definitely no! :ROFLMAO: (joking of course) because you have to go to real upgrade. Buying this screen is a waste of money. You will not be happy with it.
  • You have to do full list of wire connections
  • Make every single one
  • Check wiring loom for any shortages / faults
  • Plug all components and wires into car
  • Update APIM As-Build data in Forscan from similar the same car as yours but with sync2
  • Make some programming in FoCCCus

981 - 1000 of 1007 Posts