841 - 853 of 853 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,279 Posts
@Peppe75 - I had a look at the link.

The APIM lead looks long enough
It has the connector for the small screen sync 1 display
It has the connector for sync 3 usb media hub
It has connection for ACM which wasn't needed for how we did ours.

It appears to have a connector which connects to the car's radio panel loom and then a plug which connects to the sync 3 radio panel. This is how the plug and play should be.

I am not sure where the MS CAN connector is. It could be the one underneath the white ACM connector but I can't be certain.

If I was to buy this I would want pictures of all the connector ends to make sure they are correct. If the seller could provide a wiring diagram to check that would be even better.

It is not wired for the CD LED slot light.

If it wasn't so expensive it would be worth a go but to pay £120 for it not to be right is a big spend. If it can be established where the MS CAN connector is there it may be worth a try. You can add the CD slot light by connecting a wire to pin 3 and PIN 5 on the sync 3 radio panel plug.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
I'm not so sure, the radio bezel (facia button panel) have 2 plugs on the opposite end to the button panel?

No idea what the GPS factory harness is about, it's bundled in with a plug labelled OBD II plug & don't need any microphone connections either.

I definitely wouldn't be spending £120 on that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sent a message to the seller to ask for clarification on the matter ... I also have doubts about the connection cable to the microphone and especially that obdII cable .. however I also asked for a discount in consideration of the black friday and in consideration that the same harnesses for other ford models are sold for much less

·
7,279 Posts
I'm not so sure, the radio bezel (facia button panel) have 2 plugs on the opposite end to the button panel?

No idea what the GPS factory harness is about, it's bundled in with a plug labelled OBD II plug & don't need any microphone connections either.

I definitely wouldn't be spending £120 on that.
I think one plugs to the car's existing wiring for the sync 1 button panel and the other plugs into the new sync 3 button panel unless I misunderstood your post. If it's wired properly then that would remove the pin 7 connection which we cut back and isolated, and would have the correct pins 4 and 7 wired from the small screen display. We would need to see a wiring diagram of it really to see if that's true.

·
7,279 Posts
Anyone know if the side brackets are available for the acm anywhere ? View attachment 9167
I have a set. I bought some and then ended buying an ACM which came with them. I will check double check tomorrow and you can have them for what I paid which I will also check.

·
7,279 Posts
I took advantage of a discount and bought the cable from aliexpress .... as soon as I receive (I guess in 3 weeks) it I will post everything .....
It will be interesting to see just how compatible it is with the Kuga. At least it will save you having to extend the short APIM lead.

My short lead cost me £25, box of wiring £15, loom tape £4, multi pin connectors, £10, shrink wrap kit, £5. That's nearly £60 but I still have wiring and connectors to use on other things if needed. Plus I enjoyed doing it. You can't put a price on that lol.

It took me a couple of hours to extend the lead.

My only worry with that lead is the plug that goes to the radio panel. When you get the lead if you can post pictures of the ends of the connectors. If it's not right though you will be able to change it to suit.

841 - 853 of 853 Posts