Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
821 - 840 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Automatic
10 Posts
It might be in my head but I thought the sync 1 ACM was a better sound. I don't remember seeing any Sony sound system being mentioned on sync 3. I only swapped mine as I wanted the rear bung. I had to change a setting for the reverse chimes on the sync 3 ACM.

Also check steering wheel controls work using sync 1 ACM.
I can confirm steering wheel controls work with acm sync1

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you say everything is working, have you tried the Bluetooth yet? Phone calls, we all had issues with being heard, you can hear the caller but they can't hear you.
Bluetooth fully works I have made a couple of test calls both incoming and out going.

I also have the button panel now working so tomorrow afternoon I’ll cut the dash. All going well it will be fully fitted by the end of the week. I’ll play with the programming part after giving its only the parking display that is not working.

·
Registered
2014 titanium 2.0 led number plate and puddle lights aliexpress led drls
39 Posts
Just got a sync3 apim and acm very cheap out of a 2017 focus st just over £200 what gps antenna do I need genuine or cheap aftermarket one and what is the location for it ?

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #824 ·
I bought a cheap one from Amazon and had GPS errors, it's been mentioned numerous times that the Sync 3 is very fussy about GPS antennas.

I have a Renault one in mine which was recommended and reported to work good, it does.

GPS Antenna

I mounted mine in the same position as the original GPSM antenna behind the speedo.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Bumper Vehicle door

Luggage and bags Bag Automotive exterior Eyewear Auto part

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
2014 titanium 2.0 led number plate and puddle lights aliexpress led drls
39 Posts
Thanks for that do I leave the original gpsm connected and in place or remove it or just mount the new one on top of it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I left mine in place and just mounted the new GPSM behind the ACM instead of taking the spedo unit out. I used an original Ford GPSM from a kuga as i read here they the sync3 was picky with what it wanted to work with. The only pain was getting a cable which I think I got
From a Renault.

·
Registered
25 Posts
here I am again ... after abandoning the idea of upgrading to sync 2, I try again ..... then ford kuga restyling of 2013, with system sync 1 interface controlly sony, with 9 speakers. i managed to find a chance and got sync 3 complete with apim acm and interface, it all comes from a ford kuga. unfortunately nothing is known about the donor car as it was scrapped long ago and therefore I do not know the VIN. my current ford kuga is a titanium version with all the options (rear view camera, parking assistance, front and rear sensors, navigator, dab radio). once sync 3 is installed will everything I have previously work? I also have a wiring that includes an RCA socket for the rear camera signal ..I do not know if it will come in handy .... I would prefer to take a wiring of those ready to do something plug and play ...
I am attaching the photos of my current sync 1 system and of the one I purchased for the upgrade.
ps.
is it possible to know through the serial number if the sync 3 purchased is a navy version or not?

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,279 Posts
The sync 3 unit looks like it does have navigation. The clue is in the last 3 letters, RGB. I can't be 100% but the few I found on eBay ending with RGA and RGB all have navigation.

You cannot get a plug and play lead for the Kuga unless you could get 4dtech to post to your country and despite what the other websites say, they are not compatible. £120 is a lot to pay for something you still need to lengthen or adapt to work.

You still need

ACM mounting bracket
ACM brackets
TOP cover - 3 parts
GSM antenna

What will work on your car may depend on what the donor car had but all the features of your car can be achieved.

You may have the above but it wasn't shown in your pictures.
@Peppe75

Reactions: Peppe75

·
Registered
25 Posts
as for the top cover (that of the speaker) I have it ... for the GPS antenna I can't use the one already present in my current sync 1? it should have the fakra connection like that of sync3 .. while for how long it concerns the bracket I do not have it and I can not find it ... I looked for if someone had drawn it in 3d to print it with my 3d printer but I only found a project for the ford focus bracket ...
for the connection cable I tried to contact a seller on aliexpress to ask for information about the compatibility ... even if we always talk about a wiring that would cost me over 100 euros ... for the rest then I have forscan and of an obd interface ... I saw that there is the possibility to activate / deactivate many things .. so maybe I can restore all the options of my kuga

·
Administrator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·
No you can't use the Sync 1 GPS because it doesn't have a Fakra connector, it's wired in differently.

The bracket is the most difficult part to get, I had to buy mine from Ford.

As @smartguy69 has already said, there's no such thing as a plug and play adapter, unless someone has made it specifically for you, by that I don't mean a bought one from a shop. The one he mentioned from 4D Tech isn't correct, even though they say it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
okay .. for the antenna I will take one on amazon or I will try to look in the garage ... if I'm not mistaken I should have some advanced from the installation of an android xtrons car stereo on my audi ... must it have some particular characteristics? or is one worth the other? while for the bracket? can you get a code to order it?

·
Administrator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 ·
As far as the GPS is concerned, see the info that's been posted previously, don't buy a cheap one or you will experience errors.

I'm pretty sure the part number for the bracket is somewhere in this thread.

·
7,279 Posts
ACM mounting bracket part number FV41-S044F80-AE

I hope the ACM came with the small brackets that secure it to the above.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good morning and good Sunday to everyone...
the Chinese seller replied to me .. he offered me a specific wiring for ford kuga plus a usb hub (android auto and carplay) for a price of about $ 200 .. I am attaching the photos ... possible that all these connections are needed? ??
considering that i will not use apple carplay but i will use android auto, is it necessary to replace the usb hub as well? can i use what i have installed now? or at most that of sync 2 that I already have?

Attachments

·
7,279 Posts
Good morning and good Sunday to everyone...
the Chinese seller replied to me .. he offered me a specific wiring for ford kuga plus a usb hub (android auto and carplay) for a price of about $ 200 .. I am attaching the photos ... possible that all these connections are needed? ??
considering that i will not use apple carplay but i will use android auto, is it necessary to replace the usb hub as well? can i use what i have installed now? or at most that of sync 2 that I already have?
Have you got a link for the sync lead please.

821 - 840 of 853 Posts